0   0   0
24f32879ab574386eeb6fa3fc37569af.jpg

Reef13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I didn't see it, but saw finding Nemo though.. it's a movie and not a documentary. . Things happen in every movie that would not happen in real life (car driving under an 18 wheeler in Christmas vacation) plus the movie was mostly meant for kids, so kids really have no idea. . If they did want a real life hippo tang, I would hope that the parents would do some research into their requirements.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went with @hybridazn and fam. It was an awesome movie! Great animation and super funny.

I have decided to try a few of the things I saw in the movie. I now have my fish swimming in yesterday's mop water (been thinking the fish needed a bath for a while), and today I thought I'd see if I can get my clownfish to pair with my parrot (I'd try a loon, but I don't have one). Who knew fish could be so versatile!? :D I'm a little disappointed that I've never seen my fish smile or talk like the ones in the movie, but maybe if I recreate some of the cool experiences that I saw in the cartoon, they'll develop those abilities. :D

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw it last night I loved it!
The inner reefer was like no no no haha
But my inner child was like yes yes yes!
Great movie
Wonderful message
Not as good as the original but still top notch!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just wanna know how Dory did everything she did, and didn't get ich one time.
It's because the first place she went in captivity was quarantine. ;)

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's because the first place she went in captivity was quarantine. ;)

Well played! :D

I thought it was a good movie. Not as good as the first but still good. I didn't see anything that should make someone want a hippo that wasn't in the first movie.

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flat out agree that "Finding Nemo" was a much better movie; hands down.
And as stated, the sequels to the Pixar movies have a tough task of besting the initial film. Having went to school for film animation (cel animation) myself, I am still astounded by the advancements made with computer graphic animation. With having so many elements of the movie looking realistic, why create such ridiculous looking fish when creating a real one would take as much effort. ("Piper" was fantastic!!!)

Not to nitpick the finer points of accurately representing (visually) all of the species of fish/inverts/mammals/birds of the film, but I would've liked more of an accurate biological representation of the animals; whale sharks do not eat fish, octopuses could've fit through that grate, etc. But I do have to agree that otters are that cute!!
The proud dad moment happened as we walked out of the movie and my kids even knew some of the biological "short cuts" that the film took. Apparently my keeping a reef tank in our home has benefitted the education and morality of my kids.

A very good family movie.
Just not a good documentary.

x_burt

Smells like fish...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took my daughter to see this and we had a great time. It was exactly what it was supposed to be. Family entertainment!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back