Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the red Sea lights on ramp down.

PXL_20220617_033021881.jpg

@F i s h y I'm genuinely curious. Does it look like this in person?
I saw an Earl baby in person yesterday and it was everything I thought it would be :star-struck::star-struck::star-struck::star-struck::star-struck:

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw an Earl baby in person yesterday and it was everything I thought it would be :star-struck::star-struck::star-struck::star-struck::star-struck:
Not gunna lie... Earl still makes my knees a bit weak!

Giving your location, I assume you visited the @F i s h y fraggy wonderland? It's pretty awesome isn't it?

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not gunna lie... Earl still makes my knees a bit weak!
HAHAHA.... Too bad there wasn't an Earl Jr. Jr. :grinning-squinting-face: . I would have definitely tried to come home with that bad boy.
Giving your location, I assume you visited the @F i s h y fraggy wonderland? It's pretty awesome isn't it?
It was! Unfortunately, for my husband (HAHA), it really put into perspective how limiting my biocube is when it comes to all the wonderful things I would like to add. Maybe one day ;) For now, I'm going to make it work until I learn more. @F i s h y Is so nice and his family is wonderful! His tanks are beautiful and I should be picking up some frags later in the week. I'm SUPER stoked :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHAHA.... Too bad there wasn't an Earl Jr. Jr. :grinning-squinting-face: . I would have definitely tried to come home with that bad boy.

I've got a feeling you'd have better luck trying to walk away with all his torches than separate an Earl :)
It was! Unfortunately, for my husband (HAHA), it really put into perspective how limiting my biocube is when it comes to all the wonderful things I would like to add. Maybe one day ;) For now, I'm going to make it work until I learn more. @F i s h y Is so nice and his family is wonderful! His tanks are beautiful and I should be picking up some frags later in the week. I'm SUPER stoked :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Although there is no replacement for displacement so to speak, don't let a BioCube be a limiting factor. There are some Absolutely gorgeous biocubes on here. Everything from wall to wall brains, incredibly manicured SPS tanks, Plus everything in between. Biocubes are like Legos. They are extremely customizable, suitable for all ages (of reef) and provide a Great view of your coral.

Given the limitations of space, That just means you get to fill your tank with pieces you absolutely love, rather than things you like a little bit..

What frags are you picking up from Jason?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

PSST... He also visits @fishguy242 just in case you can't visit, but are willing to hire the r2r express.

Edit: I gotta frag up the miyagi once growth shows.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PSST... He also visits @fishguy242 just in case you can't visit, but are willing to hire the r2r express.

Edit: I gotta frag up the miyagi once growth shows.
Not visiting the holy land ( @fishguy242 Fishment) should Not be an option for someone only 3 hours away. I came 1,957 miles as the crow flies..

Worth It!!!

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a feeling you'd have better luck trying to walk away with all his torches than separate an Earl :)
Oh he had a firm grip on those torches too. HAHAHA I didnt really try since I dont think my light can keep them happy. I did try a "what if" scenario but he wasn't biting even in a theoretical scenario. :face-with-tears-of-joy:I'm still too intimated by torches and SPS at this point. I really had my eye on some of his RFA's but there was no way he was letting me leave with any of those either :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:
Although there is no replacement for displacement so to speak, don't let a BioCube be a limiting factor. There are some Absolutely gorgeous biocubes on here. Everything from wall to wall brains, incredibly manicured SPS tanks, Plus everything in between. Biocubes are like Legos. They are extremely customizable, suitable for all ages (of reef) and provide a Great view of your coral.

Given the limitations of space, That just means you get to fill your tank with pieces you absolutely love, rather than things you like a little bit..

I love this and you are right.
What frags are you picking up from Jason?
oh gosh. 2 different candy canes, a sweet hammer (my husband picked out), duncan, ricordea, some soft coral (I cant remember the name). I think there might be something else... maybe?.....:thinking-face: I cant remember. He wrote it all down :grinning-squinting-face::face-savoring-food: I was really out of it from drinking a bit too much the night before/overwhelmed with all the pretty things to choose from. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Edit.. I think there was a sweet orangish red mushroom he said he might have a baby somewhere. If so, that one too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh he had a firm grip on those torches too. HAHAHA I didnt really try since I dont think my light can keep them happy. I did try a "what if" scenario but he wasn't biting even in a theoretical scenario. :face-with-tears-of-joy:I'm still too intimated by torches and SPS at this point. I really had my eye on some of his RFA's but there was no way he was letting me leave with any of those either :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:

I love this and you are right.

oh gosh. 2 different candy canes, a sweet hammer (my husband picked out), duncan, ricordea, some soft coral (I cant remember the name). I think there might be something else... maybe?.....:thinking-face: I cant remember. He wrote it all down :grinning-squinting-face::face-savoring-food: I was really out of it from drinking a bit too much the night before/overwhelmed with all the pretty things to choose from. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Edit.. I think there was a sweet orangish red mushroom he said he might have a baby somewhere. If so, that one too.
His tanks are like a sees candy store for fat kids...

I want this... And I want this... And I want this.... And sugar coma....

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SoCal has this weird thing, where Flies show up out of Absolutely Nowhere, the first week of Summer.

I'm usually in the shop and learned last year that you don't need a fly swatter. Yellow MAP gas torch works MUCH better. Doesn't burn anything. I'll get 9.5/10 attempts.

Feel free to borrow this to eliminate flies.

I do not enable you burning your house down. Use common sense.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back