Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pshhh. I am good luck when fishing.

this past weekend. 6 coolers full of White bass, hybrids and stripe. Plus some large catfish, a walleye and a few crappie. We hit limit early and ended up coming back from the trip a day early lol.

IMG_7656.JPG

IMG_7657.JPG
Dang Son!

That's a proper river slaying right there!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang Son!

That's a proper river slaying right there!
This is even better lol.

Most caught in my Hobie Kayak lol.

Big Dam, Little Boat.....

IMG_7645.JPG

Excuse the skipjack head. It was eaten a little later by a nice size flathead lol.
IMG_7646.JPG

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pshhh. I am good luck when fishing.

this past weekend. 6 coolers full of White bass, hybrids and stripe. Plus some large catfish, a walleye and a few crappie. We hit limit early and ended up coming back from the trip a day early lol.

IMG_7656.JPG

IMG_7657.JPG
Woah!! Think we found my new mentor. What size line did you pull these in on?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah!! Think we found my new mentor. What size line did you pull these in on?
The majority of the White bass, crappie, hybrids, walleye and striper all pulled in on G. Loomis NRX 6' 10" rod and a Daiwa BG MG spinning reel with 10lb Yozuri Topknot Flurocarbon line. I have 8 setups all the same.

For the catfish, it is some older Daiwa Saltist spinning reels, older Daiwa Saltiga Rods and 100 lb Diamond Gen 3 braid. Little over kill, but when they are generating and a 60lb fish swims into water running at 25-30 mph, they get real heavy real quick. I have 6 of these setups lol.

Some fish were caught on some older small Penn combos my father in law has in his boat, but he uses the same line brand and lb test I do.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The majority of the White bass, crappie, hybrids, walleye and striper all pulled in on G. Loomis NRX 6' 10" rod and a Daiwa BG MG spinning reel with 10lb Yozuri Topknot Flurocarbon line. I have 8 setups all the same.

For the catfish, it is some older Daiwa Saltist spinning reels, older Daiwa Saltiga Rods and 100 lb Diamond Gen 3 braid. Little over kill, but when they are generating and a 60lb fish swims into water running at 25-30 mph, they get real heavy real quick. I have 6 of these setups lol.

Some fish were caught on some older small Penn combos my father in law has in his boat, but he uses the same line brand and lb test I do.
Nice dude sounds like fun. You don’t mess around with all those rigs ready to go. Good fishing buddy I got lots to learn there. The Diawa bg are buttery smooth, I dig mine a lot. I really like the pen persuit3 for smaller rigs too because they’re so lightweight but still feels good

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice dude sounds like fun. You don’t mess around with all those rigs ready to go. Good fishing buddy I got lots to learn there. The Diawa bg are buttery smooth, I dig mine a lot. I really like the pen persuit3 for smaller rigs too because they’re so lightweight but still feels good
The Penn Pusuits have always been a great combo at a great price. My SW stuff is mostly Penn or Daiwa. Little pricey, but I do have some of the Pursuits I take out on my other Kayak when down in FL. Lose it, it doesnt hurt as bad lol. My tuna and marlin stuff is a little different. It only goes out on the boat, gets leashed and the leash is connected to the reel so if it pulls tight, it free spools all of the line out, if needed. I am not losing that investment lol.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Penn Pusuits have always been a great combo at a great price. My SW stuff is mostly Penn or Daiwa. Little pricey, but I do have some of the Pursuits I take out on my other Kayak when down in FL. Lose it, it doesnt hurt as bad lol. My tuna and marlin stuff is a little different. It only goes out on the boat, gets leashed and the leash is connected to the reel so if it pulls tight, it free spools all of the line out, if needed. I am not losing that investment lol.
Agreed.

I've watched a few too many Avet HX Raptors go into the drink.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed.

I've watched a few too many Avet HX Raptors go into the drink.
A lot of people say it is annoying to have a leash affixed to the reel like that, but to me, it is not. Once you get the line set, your hand is no where near the leash or the spool release. I would much rather look at leash or have it slightly in the way, then watch my 4k setup go to Davey Jones locker lol.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you had an epic party Lost. Hope you didn't corrupt Jason to bad :cool:
Dont think I've seen many pics of the new coralyet though, still hungover i'm guessing :)
It would be Jason corrupting Brendon. That is the truth lol.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You DID see who was still standing, and who was already put to bed last night??

I rest my case.
He went to bed before you, so when you passed out he could do things without you knowing.

He is scandalous like that. If you only knew of the pics he sent me.

Told You So Mic Drop GIF by FullMag

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He went to bed before you, so when you passed out he could do things without you knowing.

He is scandalous like that. If you only knew of the pics he sent me.

Told You So Mic Drop GIF by FullMag
Oddly that does look a lot like your way younger, way better looking sibling.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back