Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Night sight on the pixel is great
PXL_20210824_040014220.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20210824_040030929.NIGHT.jpg

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A little QT update. Since raising the 40b from .23 to .5 copper (Cupramine), I've noticed the pretty Scopas girl has been SUPER itchy. She was on deck at least a week and I didn't notice any rubbing.

Today I'm going to attempt to give her a FW dip to ensure it is the copper irritating her and not flukes.

FW dips to me are super triggering. Last fish I fw dipped was cheese, my old YT that died shortly after.

Any pro tips? I'll match temp and pH then plan on a 3 minute dip, then inspect the dip water carefully with magnifier.

Hope everyone's having a great day.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A little QT update. Since raising the 40b from .23 to .5 copper (Cupramine), I've noticed the pretty Scopas girl has been SUPER itchy. She was on deck at least a week and I didn't notice any rubbing.

Today I'm going to attempt to give her a FW dip to ensure it is the copper irritating her and not flukes.

FW dips to me are super triggering. Last fish I fw dipped was cheese, my old YT that died shortly after.

Any pro tips? I'll match temp and pH then plan on a 3 minute dip, then inspect the dip water carefully with magnifier.

Hope everyone's having a great day.

Can’t really help as I don’t have experience , but I’ve tried the fw dip before and with my YT it was fine but I did it only for a min. I also FW dipped an elegance coral that was sick and it immediately killed it lol so I’m wary of them

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FW dip complete. Saw a handful of flukes in the water after Scopas. None from the foxface. The worse part of the process was trying to get rodi close to the same pH as the tank water.

Everyone's happy and healthy.
Glad it went well

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This build is one of my favourite mainly because it features a lot of the corals I am after. Nice work.

off topic: may I invite you and your followers to share your thoughts in the below tread about your dosing regiments. I am sure loads of the people could learn from you. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dose-but-when.855646/

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This build is one of my favourite mainly because it features a lot of the corals I am after. Nice work.

off topic: may I invite you and your followers to share your thoughts in the below tread about your dosing regiments. I am sure loads of the people could learn from you. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dose-but-when.855646/
Thank you @attiland for the wonderful compliment but I regret to inform you that dosing really is not my forte. I'm run through two mini dosing regimen and had adverse effects on my mushrooms both times.
I'm happy to head over there and check it out and maybe tag a few people that I think may be able to help out though.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @attiland for the wonderful compliment but I regret to inform you that dosing really is not my forte. I'm run through two mini dosing regimen and had adverse effects on my mushrooms both times.
I'm happy to head over there and check it out and maybe tag a few people that I think may be able to help out though.
Thank you. If you can help people find that post that would be really appreciated.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! :) The bright mushrooms and nems immediately caught my attention lol. Love them!! Following along
Thanks for stopping by and the kind words.

Big changes in store for the tank. Hopefully will have more room for corals soon.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beer update for you
PXL_20210904_002055255.jpg
Clutch can art! How's it drink?

I am so happy to be back in the states where I have an option on cerveza. Most of our hanging out and drinking was done at local bars down in Mexico so naturally all the beers were super salty.

Day one I was confused how I'd been drinking for 14 hours and Could still whoop everybody's butt at Scrabble. Figure it out we were drinking some beer that was like 3.1%. oops..

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clutch can art! How's it drink?

I am so happy to be back in the states where I have an option on cerveza. Most of our hanging out and drinking was done at local bars down in Mexico so naturally all the beers were super salty.

Day one I was confused how I'd been drinking for 14 hours and Could still whoop everybody's butt at Scrabble. Figure it out we were drinking some beer that was like 3.1%. oops..
Surprisingly good. It's very light which I'm not normally a fan of (I like to chew my beers). Tastes more watermelon than watermelon.

Would be a good & refreshing beer for a hot day of working outside in any capacity.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Surprisingly good. It's very light which I'm not normally a fan of (I like to chew my beers). Tastes more watermelon than watermelon.

Would be a good & refreshing beer for a hot day of working outside in any capacity.
hi guys/gals, that one even sounds tasty to me... ;) :)

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 66 48.2%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back