Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick run to the store to re-up on prazi, and come home with a new rock..

The Lost Reef May eventually need another island.

Imagine each pedal a different display
PXL_20210817_215122668.jpg
PXL_20210817_215129634.jpg

What I'm running into now, is how to clean it of any potential parasite. It's from my LFS that I trust as much as anyone. With that being said I don't trust anyone enough to put something directly in my tank anymore.

Lesson learned once, won't be taking short cuts again.

Is the only option here to bleach bomb it or dry and recycle it? The underside is all beautiful Coraline. It would be a bummer to kill everything off, but I'm 100% willing to if that's what it takes.

Options and opinions welcomed.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately 2 options...
Clean it soak it dry it

Or fallow... bucket with water and powerhead. Preserves bacteria but out runs life cycle of possible diseases...

Either way unless you light the bucket coraline probably won't survive

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately 2 options...
Clean it soak it dry it

Or fallow... bucket with water and powerhead. Preserves bacteria but out runs life cycle of possible diseases...

Either way unless you light the bucket coraline probably won't survive
Thank you. Option one wins. Figured that would be it, But was hoping there was something I don't know about.

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like the new rock display idea ! unfortunately sounds like a good strip cleaning is the only safe route .

I had to look again when ya mentioned that was a trumpet skelly...wow totally thought it was a live coral !
Thanks for heads up on the terrorist, evaluating space for everything to grow out might keep a bubble from joining our reef till a larger tank can be set up

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like the new rock display idea ! unfortunately sounds like a good strip cleaning is the only safe route .

I had to look again when ya mentioned that was a trumpet skelly...wow totally thought it was a live coral !
Thanks for heads up on the terrorist, evaluating space for everything to grow out might keep a bubble from joining our reef till a larger tank can be set up
Sorry let me explain. Everything you can see on the trumpet is a live coral. The bottom and back 1/3 of it are exposed skeleton from when a few Earl mushrooms left unattended killed it bit by bit and climbed up the skeleton. That part of the coral is just skeleton and that's where the leather is attached to.

Took me a minute but I found an actual picture of that.
PXL_20210305_013329784.jpg

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I found you have a build thread, Where's your badge?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Option one wins. Figured that would be it, But was hoping there was something I don't know about.
Nice man. Yeah I'd clean it up best you can. Even dip in h202 diluted dip. Ive done it all to my rock. Im pretty much convinced there's no way to kill a live rock unless you bake it or put it in acid. Those bacterial are dug in pretty deep. You could have that piece like brand new given the care it needs.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice man. Yeah I'd clean it up best you can. Even dip in h202 diluted dip. Ive done it all to my rock. Im pretty much convinced there's no way to kill a live rock unless you bake it or put it in acid. Those bacterial are dug in pretty deep. You could have that piece like brand new given the care it needs.
That's the plan Stan. It's going to bake overnight in hydrogen peroxide. Tomorrow I'll power wash it and drop it back in a diluted hydrogen peroxide. Give it a little rodi dip, and set it on the back patio to enjoy the sun for a week. Power wash and should be good to go.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new pics?
Lights are all off. Drove out to GSC to grab my gem fresh off the plane today. It's having some trouble shaking off the sedatives that use in transport, So that has consumed most of my afternoon. Some nem was super happy last time I saw her, The one in the DT moved about 6 in and wedged herself in a crack.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still building. Next shipment the parts comes in tomorrow that I will make the second order with everything I still need.
PXL_20210820_023939271.jpg
Love the purple bro. Haven't made up my mind what color I want to go with yet but like the way that looks. Purple was my original plan. You may have helped with decision lol.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%

Back