Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer "natural" lighting with more white light (though it does encourage algae/cyanobacteria) over blue lighting, so that makes sense why I like the looks better.

I did not know that @Reefing_addiction got her purple tang from you! It is funny how it is the model citizen now.
Different strokes for different folk. I found I like more white in the anenome tank.
Is pretty true to eye color and white is on the way down.
PXL_20211028_012102192.MP.jpg

I think Mr p likes ladies more. Can't blame it.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Different strokes for different folk. I found I like more white in the anenome tank.
Is pretty true to eye color and white is on the way down.
PXL_20211028_012102192.MP.jpg

I think Mr p likes ladies more. Can't blame it.
Anemone tank sooo nice! Next tank will be anemone focused I’m speaking into existence featuring a tessalata eel. Ever thought of adding domino damsels to the tank? They like to host with anemones , they currently host the ones in my tank when the clowns allow it lol

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone tank sooo nice! Next tank will be anemone focused I’m speaking into existence featuring a tessalata eel. Ever thought of adding domino damsels to the tank? They like to host with anemones , they currently host the ones in my tank when the clowns allow it lol
Thanks man. First time I've ever had to deal with new tank uglies and I can honestly say, Not a Fan!!

I have not. I run a Springari in every tank, have 3 clowns in qt currently for this tank as well as a flasher and going to add a YCW once I find one in the right size. Hopefully that'll be in the next QT run. That'll pretty much round out the fish.

Everything else on the list are nems.

Condi, Mag, and a Red or Bright Green true carpet are the short listers.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man. First time I've ever had to deal with new tank uglies and I can honestly say, Not a Fan!!

I have not. I run a Springari in every tank, have 3 clowns in qt currently for this tank as well as a flasher and going to add a YCW once I find one in the right size. Hopefully that'll be in the next QT run. That'll pretty much round out the fish.

Everything else on the list are nems.

Condi, Mag, and a Red or Bright Green true carpet are the short listers.
I’m sure it’ll go away fast due to yr rocks age. I’m also gonna add ritteri to that list to haha but it already is great

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure it’ll go away fast due to yr rocks age. I’m also gonna add ritteri to that list to haha but it already is great
I've only brought over one piece of my main long cycled rock into this tank. Bottom left with two nems on it. Everything else was dry cycled about a year old. I've got a bunch of algea eaters in there to help. Just going to wait it out. It wasn't kept well.

Last edited:

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only brought over one piece of my main line cycled rock into this tank. Bottom left with two nems on it. Everything else was dry cycled about a year old. I've got a bunch of algea eaters in there to help. Just going to wait it out
Star Wars Reaction GIF by Disney+

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I owned one long established in the 120 when I bought it. It never played nice with others no matter what or how big. Killed my first mandarin female within 2 minutes of introduction. So fast I couldn't get to either.

Another issue I have with them is they don't appear well under my lights. I run Red Sea Reef LEDs and the fish kind of disappears.

Mr. P now lives in Denver with @Reefing_addiction and had found a friend with Moe, her big Tomini and has been a model citizen.
He has even stopped trying to attack me when I’m in the tank. Moe takes no poop from him. And he leaves everyone else alone. I want to add another Cherub angelfish since I lost my last one. This will be the test to see if Mr P still has an attitude with new additions

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has even stopped trying to attack me when I’m in the tank. Moe takes no poop from him. And he leaves everyone else alone. I want to add another Cherub angelfish since I lost my last one. This will be the test to see if Mr P still has an attitude with new additions
Mr feisty fins never tried to attack me. Maybe you need to sleeve your arms up and grow a bunch of hair.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr feisty fins never tried to attack me. Maybe you need to sleeve your arms up and grow a bunch of hair.
Sleeve won't make a difference. Can attest, still get attacked by my clowns.

Hair might help

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sleeve won't make a difference. Can attest, still get attacked by my clowns.

Hair might help
I was talking about Mr P specifically. My original black pair The female used to try to bite the eyes out of all of the faces on my arm like a tiger shark.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back