Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
N
PXL_20210318_231532221.MP.jpg
ew bta: I'm the king of the WORLD.

Old bta: Aw He l l l l Nah!!!

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the WWC box of love didn't kill me. My phone happened to die for good the morning that delivery was scheduled.

IMG_20210322_155252.jpg

All fishes x the two tangs are moved over to the 120. Everyone was happy to move over and it was an easy transition.

WWC frags are looking happy other than the neon toadstool that still hasn't opened up at all. Not sure what this guy's malfunction is.
IMG_20210322_160744.jpg

Earl spam
IMG_20210322_160757.jpg
IMG_20210322_160805.jpg

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current layout of the 40b. I was hoping to have somewhat closer to 13-14" for the fuge. Wondering if there's any good way to do that. My exhaust pump sits on a base with what looks like a vibration dampener that adds an inch and a half to the width. Does it actually need that?
IMG_20210323_102837.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current layout of the 40b. I was hoping to have somewhat closer to 13-14" for the fuge. Wondering if there's any good way to do that. My exhaust pump sits on a base with what looks like a vibration dampener that adds an inch and a half to the width. Does it actually need that?
IMG_20210323_102837.jpg
Can you set your skimmer in there and see if there is away to turn the skimmer to tighten up that section. Kinda diagonally for the skimmer, if you know what I mean.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you set your skimmer in there and see if there is away to turn the skimmer to tighten up that section. Kinda diagonally for the skimmer, if you know what I mean.
Definitely can and will tighten that section up as much as can be. 9" is the out to out measurement from the stand I built for it, that has about 1/2" overage baked into it on each side. Nothing is glued there so easy to take it apart and shorten it.

What do you think about the stand with vibration dampener springs and suction cups that the return pump sits on. Think that is a needed?

If it needs Something there but doesn't need to be that, I can tear the base apart and create a more narrow vib dampening base. Not sure if it's actually an issue for it to sit in the water on the glass floor or even egg crate.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely can and will tighten that section up as much as can be. 9" is the out to out measurement from the stand I built for it, that has about 1/2" overage baked into it on each side. Nothing is glued there so easy to take it apart and shorten it.

What do you think about the stand with vibration dampener springs and suction cups that the return pump sits on. Think that is a needed?

If it needs Something there but doesn't need to be that, I can tear the base apart and create a more narrow vib dampening base. Not sure if it's actually an issue for it to sit in the water on the glass floor or even egg crate.
All of my pumps sit on the sump with a silicone mat under them. I use a short piece of soft black hose to isolate the pumps from the pipe as well.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning upon lights on, my yellow bunny was nowhere to be found so I did the normal ground search filter sock sump then climbed up to look in the overflow for the first time since I moved the tank. I realize I'd never really looked in there well other than shoving a Shop-Vac hose down to suck out all of the bristle worms when we moved it.

There's dozens of aptasia jerks up to 2" down in that nasty thing. Got me thinking that it probably hasn't ever been cleaned out, which led to realizing the PVC is probably also a mess.

Seriously considering right now if it would be worth it to order the parts to build a new overflow since I'm going to be adding a hard plumbing for the new sump. It seems reasonable that I could turn off flow, evacuate all the water from the overflow, unscrew it from below reinstall the new overflow and reseat it, all with the tank up. Am I crazy?

Still haven't found the Blenny : (

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see Roxanne:D Where you able to get her in empty spot between the Earls?
I've got her chilling a bit back from everyone in a lower flow/light spot right now as she settles in. I'll grab a good pic tonight when I get home.
PXL_20210327_020137559.jpg

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back