Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eagle_Steve and @F i s h y will know for sure but I'll take a stab at it hahaha

I'm going to say Sherman nem, big ole beauty!
I've never heard of that but will look em up. It took me awhile to notice because she's usually so laid out (literally basketball sized) but the entire body is really purple. I don't see any green whatsoever on the entire thing.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never heard of that but will look em up. It took me awhile to notice because she's usually so laid out (literally basketball sized) but the entire body is really purple. I don't see any green whatsoever on the entire thing.
Look up black widow and Sherman.

Looks like a Sherman to me if no green. They are an annoying nem. Mine never wanted to split and it just grew and grew. Decided to sell it and now regret it lol.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A while before we had torches we had a few nems. They never ended up getting along. The nems always moves to claim the torches territory :(

Not sure if that's exactly what they were really doing but we chose to get rid of the nems.

The last rainbow nem we had was in our sump and the chocolate stars ate it :(

Here's what was sold to us as a Sherman and our rainbow next to each other.

The larger one never wanted to stay next to the rainbow and got I've 12" easily.
Screenshot_20210410-070423_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was gonna choose I'd say rose or rainbow. I see some greens and blues near the base of the tentacles. Sherman's are nearly black in my experience.
Owners son at the LFS has one that looks eerily similar in this personal tank and he calls it a black widow.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looks like a Sherman to me if no green. They are an annoying nem. Mine never wanted to split and it just grew and grew. Decided to sell it and now regret it lol.
Interesting and thank you for the tips. This bigun has split 4 times over 5 years I was told.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

On your advice I'm still going to be getting some shrimp with the shell and trying to get this girl to split. Even posted all the way up there on an anenome rock, it's still lays itself down a foot onto the rest of the rock work covering A Lot of real estate That will be needed once things grow a bit.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About two weeks ago I stopped in my lfs and it was poppin. Go inside to find out, the store had bought back a 280 gallon mixed reef display tank they had set up and operated for a corporate client for many years. The corporate client no longer had the funds for ongoing maintenance so my fish store bought the entire system. Upon moving in day, bottom of the front pane of glass was cracked causing a mad rush to set up another tank to house the hundred corals coming out of this tank and not introduce them to the current system. It was kind of a madhouse so I just asked if they needed any help. They did. Owner graciously put me to work for half an hour sorting live rock into piles based on what was growing/anchored on them. In the move, to heads were broken off of this 10+ head torch.

Went to the store the other day and owner had trimmed it up and mounted it to a plate and had "Thanks B" written on the bottom as a thank you. Still looking a little rough and I'm not showing the back side where one of the heads was actually cracked off.

I'm optimistically hopeful it will make a full beautiful recovery.
Resized952021040995202128_20210409_205617 (1).jpg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
About two weeks ago I stopped in my lfs and it was poppin. Go inside to find out, the store had bought back a 280 gallon mixed reef display tank they had set up and operated for a corporate client for many years. The corporate client no longer had the funds for ongoing maintenance so my fish store bought the entire system. Upon moving in day, bottom of the front pane of glass was cracked causing a mad rush to set up another tank to house the hundred corals coming out of this tank and not introduce them to the current system. It was kind of a madhouse so I just asked if they needed any help. They did. Owner graciously put me to work for half an hour sorting live rock into piles based on what was growing/anchored on them. In the move, to heads were broken off of this 10+ head torch.

Went to the store the other day and owner had trimmed it up and mounted it to a plate and had "Thanks B" written on the bottom as a thank you. Still looking a little rough and I'm not showing the back side where one of the heads was actually cracked off.

Good deeds don't go unnoticed
oh yeah yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I helped out for just over a week at my lfs about a year ago as the first self isolation rules came in for people that had travelled abroad, I get discount on all livestock without asking, at least 10%. ;)

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I helped out for just over a week at my lfs about a year ago as the first self isolation rules came in for people that had travelled abroad, I get discount on all livestock without asking, at least 10%. ;)
Nice guys only finish last in stupid games.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You pick up anything additional from the UC sale? I grabbed a few things from aquasd but nothing new from UC today. Went to pick up chipotle and apparently missed a koji wada that went up :(
No nothing from UC today. I spent a few hours on the other one. Wife was about done with me staring and refreshing constantly.

I was bummed to see them drop only the expensive gold torches at the end. They said a few times they had yellows also. Didn't see any.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No nothing from UC today. I spent a few hours on the other one. Wife was about done with me staring and refreshing constantly.

I was bummed to see them drop only the expensive gold torches at the end. They said a few times they had yellows also. Didn't see any.
I didn't see any either, but I will admit that I was not paying close attention. A lot of torches had just went up in UC when I looked recently, kind of makes me want to pick up a cheapo locally and see if my clowns kill it with love again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back