Finding the Sweet Spot for Flow for SPS

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After doing a lot of reading through the threads about PAR and stability when it comes to nutrients, I've seen some people emphasize proper flow being vital for SPS to thrive but I can't seem to find a clear explanation to help me know where that sweet spot is or how to find it...I'm not growing acros or anything difficult like that, right now I'm in the learning phase with more forgiving corals like Digis...just how strong of flow do they need and how do I measure it?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly that’s one of those answers nobody really answers good. but I’ll stick around as this could be the time.
off subject a lil but don’t forget the bottom of the tank. you doing sand or no?

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly that’s one of those answers nobody really answers good. but I’ll stick around as this could be the time.
off subject a lil but don’t forget the bottom of the tank. you doing sand or no?
Yeah live sand

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont judge too much by this pic...it's under construction atm IMG20210819073615.jpg

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
while we are waiting for answers, this a peninsula or what kind of tank you got? That info could be useful even if it’s tangent to your original question

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
while we are waiting for answers, this a peninsula or what kind of tank you got? That info could be useful even if it’s tangent to your original question
No, it's just a standard 20 gallon with a Noopsyche k7 v3 light...sorry if I don't know all the lingo yet, I'm newish to the hobby

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back