Finger leather help!

fox0521

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
149
Reaction score
71
Location
Grand Rapids
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I added this finger leather a few weeks ago along with a toadstool leather and Kenya trees. The finger leather is not doing well at all. See pictures below, at times it’s stalk was long as if it were “stretching” towards the light, now it is small and limp. It’s never had much polyp extension, but now it has none at all. How can I help it? What placement (lighting/flow) should I try for optimal health?

BA09CE2A-2455-4BAB-B996-A14C6107AA89.jpeg
2E56F29C-2A12-42FB-A741-9C3943C1F127.jpeg
679E1990-B4E5-4BC2-99DF-E084735F81A8.jpeg
 
I have a devils hand. It is real temperamental. It took 6 months for it to open up. I did a wc today and it closed up. And didn't reopen. Should be happy tomorrow.
 
Mine is a big baby. I had it low in the tank and it pouted by throwing off bits of itself. Then I moved it up to middle with nice flow and it was out and happy, not throwing out babies. Then, a maxi mini anemone moved in a bit too close. It is now unhappy again. Darn thing.

As long as nothing is around yours, it will eventually adjust. They seem to like a good turbulent flow.

DSC_9812.JPG
 
I got a devil's hand and had sbreef light 16 inch basic. Everything was happy except for the devils hand. For over a year it never opened up. I switch to ai 26 hi believe arethe lights and now it opens every day.
 
I have since upgraded tanks, and this leather has moved around quite a bit. It’s finally stopped shedding again, and is starting to open up again! We’ll see how long before it closes up and sheds again :rolleyes::)

4E2C3CA3-C785-451B-A274-B20B20184EF6.jpeg
Do you mind telling me what type of coral this is? I just got something that looks like this but clearish pink instead of green
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new