Finishing Stocking, want ideas!

NotReefsafe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2022
Messages
336
Reaction score
211
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a 15g cube with an oscellaris clown and a cleaner shrimp. Want to add one more fish

I've considered the following but decided against for various reasons:


a male clown: worried they won't pair, and two clowns might be pushing it for a 15g
firefish: clown may be aggressive towards it
yellow banded possum wrasse: pricey
tailspot blenny: Heard they may have an appetite for corals
Flaming Prawn Goby: Dicy to feed, may not work with clownfish
clown goby: may pick at corals
eviota and trimma gobies: not excited by the species I've seen so far
court jester from biota: Can be tough to feed?

What could you recommend?
 
Hello! I have a 15g cube with an oscellaris clown and a cleaner shrimp. Want to add one more fish

I've considered the following but decided against for various reasons:


a male clown: worried they won't pair, and two clowns might be pushing it for a 15g
firefish: clown may be aggressive towards it
yellow banded possum wrasse: pricey
tailspot blenny: Heard they may have an appetite for corals
Flaming Prawn Goby: Dicy to feed, may not work with clownfish
clown goby: may pick at corals
eviota and trimma gobies: not excited by the species I've seen so far
court jester from biota: Can be tough to feed?

What could you recommend?
I’d go for a couple of Eviota or Trimma species. The reason why is if you get a good species (Say Trimma caudomaculatum) then it may actually be mid identified and cheaper than when they’re identified.
I got two true Trimma tevegae a while ago (Unfortunately I lost both due to stress) and they were much cheaper than when they’re actually Identified. They were just sold under the name “Trimma species”.

If you can get one then I would go for a Pseudocheilinops ataenia or a Wetmorella albofasciata instead. These guys are worth the money, I’m currently hunting for a Wetmorella tanakai pair to go with my Pseudocheilinops ataenia trio. I know they’re pricey but these are worth it all, they have the full pattern as juveniles but as they age they’re stunning. Pseudocheilinops ataenia have a stunning pattern that just gets better with age and they always have giant bug eyes. I have an article on the care of Pseudocheilinops and the Wetmorella species’ have a very similar care.
 
Last edited:
I’d go for a couple of Eviota or Trimma species. The reason why is if you get a good species (Say Trimma caudomaculatum) then it may actually be mid identified and cheaper than when they’re identified.
I got two true Trimma tevegae a while ago (Unfortunately I lost both due to stress) and they were much cheaper than when they’re actually Identified. They were just sold under the name “Trimma species”.

If you can get one then I would go for a Pseudocheilinops ataenia or a Wetmorella albofasciata instead. These guys are worth the money, I’m currently hunting for a Wetmorella tanakai pair to go with my Pseudocheilinops ataenia trio. I know they’re pricey but these are worth it all, they have the full pattern as juveniles but as they age they’re stunning. Pseudocheilinops ataenia have a stunning pattern that just gets better with age and they always have giant bug eyes. I have an article on the care of Pseudocheilinops and the Wetmorella species’ have a very similar care.
Thank you! Particularly the Wetmorella albofasciata caught my eye. What a beautiful fish!

Where might I find your article?
 
Thank you! Particularly the Wetmorella albofasciata caught my eye. What a beautiful fish!

Where might I find your article?
I believe if you just search either;
“Wrasse with Bug Eyes” or “Pseudocheilinops ataenia” it’ll be one of the first ones.
 
Great article! If I can find one, I'll definitely grab a Wetmorella albofasciata or Wetmorella tanakai! Thanks for the help
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new