Finnex titanium heater voltage problem

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a 500w Finnex titanium heater (hmh). This heater has it's own independent temperature controller and works great. Moved into a new house and have the controller plugged into my apex (just for power monitoring and safety shut off).

For about a week I would come home and within an hour or so the heater would start beeping (high pitch constant) and flash 77. Not a trouble code finnex describes.

After a little diagnosing I realized that I have a ceiling fan that triggers this beep when the fan is turned OFF. Or if you rapid on off the switch. I'm guessing this may be a low or high voltage problem with the fan being turned on or off. My apex shows no change in voltage since it only shows a 15 minute period.

The electrician wired the fan and light on separate switches and has no effect on anything else.

Electrical gurus. Give me some feedback what could be causing this?

Kellyntx1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throw that heater away! I lost everything this week due to that same heater. I work up to a horrible smell ans my temp was 98.9. Lost $3K in one night due to the same heater. Mine was set in 78.

OP
OP
Neffly4u

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throw that heater away! I lost everything this week due to that same heater. I work up to a horrible smell ans my temp was 98.9. Lost $3K in one night due to the same heater. Mine was set in 78.
Fortunately my heater is hooked into my apex so if it decides to run away the apex will shut it down. So far i have only had the weird issue that if I turned on my ceiling fan it would make the heater beep. I replaced the switch for the fan with a smart switch and it no longer has this issue

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back