Fire fish with one eye only

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a fire fish today without checking properly. Tank was a foot higher than my head so I couldn’t see the fish properly. I just asked if its been eating and the worker said its been at the shop for a month and eats pellets and frozen so i said ok I’ll take it. Came home and realised it looked weird on one side of the head. Looked closer and see theres no eye, just a black bump that looks like a keloid and the side with the blind eye looks like theres some trauma scarring. Put in my tank and my clownfish bit its fin when it swam to the clownfish corner. Fish is in isolation box now to heal. Clownfish never attacked any other new fish so i thought plopping the new fish in should be fine but i was wrong. Wondering if this fish will ever do ok with other fish as competition for food. It literally acts blind it doesn’t even see my hand if the blind side is facing me. Swims like a blind fish too but i can see one eye is good. Theres no way they are taking this fish back too with the nipped fin. If theres no way it can compete for food with my clowns cause its blind then i have to rehome it. Does anyone have experience with blind fish doing fine with other fish? IMG_6673.jpeg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a fire fish today without checking properly. Tank was a foot higher than my head so I couldn’t see the fish properly. I just asked if its been eating and the worker said its been at the shop for a month and eats pellets and frozen so i said ok I’ll take it. Came home and realised it looked weird on one side of the head. Looked closer and see theres no eye, just a black bump that looks like a keloid and the side with the blind eye looks like theres some trauma scarring. Put in my tank and my clownfish bit its fin when it swam to the clownfish corner. Fish is in isolation box now to heal. Clownfish never attacked any other new fish so i thought plopping the new fish in should be fine but i was wrong. Wondering if this fish will ever do ok with other fish as competition for food. It literally acts blind it doesn’t even see my hand if the blind side is facing me. Swims like a blind fish too but i can see one eye is good. Theres no way they are taking this fish back too with the nipped fin. If theres no way it can compete for food with my clowns cause its blind then i have to rehome it. Does anyone have experience with blind fish doing fine with other fish? IMG_6673.jpeg
I had a blind clown that was sold to me with a mated male/ is what they said. Male killed her. I was so upset. I wish I had gotten a small tank for her to have all by herself. If this was my fish I would probably do that so it isnt in danger being harmed

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really sorry that your fish store sold you a really poor quality fish. Like you said, they probably won't take it back because of the nipped fin, but like everyone else is saying, contact the store to see if they do anything. They should give you a refund, but maybe they can give you at least some store credit, or you can exchange it for a new one. I hope it goes well for you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back