Fire shrimp and…

muggle0981

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
1,439
Reaction score
819
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a fire shrimp now

Other inverts or shrimp to add into tank…
 
Have a fire shrimp now

Other inverts or shrimp to add into tank…
I have kept a skunk cleaner and a fire shrimp in a 3’ tank just fine but people say they can be aggressive with eachother.
 
I have a coral banded in a 150 with a fire shrimp. However all the fire shrimp does is hide and then come out for food. The coral banded stays mainly on the opposite side of tank, doing the same. My coral banded is about 2.5 years old now though so it's hard for him to hide as well without being seen a bit.
 
Last edited:
I have a coral banded in a 150 with a fire shrimp. However all the fire shrimp does is hide and theb come out for food. The coral banded stays mainly on the opposite side of tank, doing the same. My coral banded is about 2.5 years old now though so it's hard for him to hide as well without being seen a bit.
How big is your CB? I love them but fear my wrasses would eat it after finding that my past one became a meal to something about 2 years ago (The radiant was picking at the body but I think the Jade did the full kill).
 
I'll try to snap a pic later. His antenna are about 5-6 in long so you can see where he is pretty much anywhere in the tank. They look pretty intimidating for a shrimp and can be quite aggressive. I'm not sure about the wrasse though
 
Tried to get some pics while the cb was out this morning. His body is bigger than a cleaner but not huge. It's his antenna/feelers that are impressive. Plus his pinchers/claws up front are pretty gnarly. They are great scavengers. It is going on almost 3 years now

20211116_081800.jpg 20211116_081752.jpg
 
Tried to get some pics while the cb was out this morning. His body is bigger than a cleaner but not huge. It's his antenna/feelers that are impressive. Plus his pinchers/claws up front are pretty gnarly. They are great scavengers. It is going on almost 3 years now

20211116_081800.jpg 20211116_081752.jpg
He is very nice! Certainly impressive although I didn’t want my hands near a 1” shrimp’s cave, not sure Id even put my hands on the side with a 2” CB shrimp haha.
 
Reef safe
Both shrimp mentioned are coral reef safe however, CB shrimp can be CUC eaters but they are better but supposedly are also more aggressive but I had never seen mine be aggressive to my skunks (I’ve kept 3 CBS with 1 or 2 Skunk cleaners, my second and third had 2 skunk cleaners) and it’s always the opposite way, the skunks are aggressive to the CB.
CBs do chomp on bristle worms which is always a plush.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new