Fire shrimp and berghia nudibranch

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefJCB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
812
Location
Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently running fallow and thought now would be a great time to get Nudibranchs to work on my Aiptasia now that there are no wrasses in there to eat them.

Current inverts in the tank:
2 skunk cleaners
1 fire shrimp
2-3 peppermint shrimp (going to remove these)
1 sand sifting star
3 fighting conch

I’ve read that peppermint shrimp may eat the Nudibranchs, but what about skunk cleaners and the fire shrimp?
 
Not sure on the cleaners. My main concern would be the peppermints and possibly ther fire shrimp. I'll tag #reefsquad to see if someone else with more knowledge can help.
 
I would really like to bump this !

I am noticing that I’m about to start having a Aiptasia problem in the works. I thought I got rid of the big one a couple weeks ago by tossing out the entire rock , but correct me if I’m wrong they coming back in MASSIVE waves

anyways I have reef tank only atm and only CUC inverts .. I only a lonely *Blood Fire Shrimp* and a bunch of red hermits.

my question is the same as the thread stater .

Will my blood fire shrimp eat the berghia Nudibranchs?


Before I spend 150$ for some slugs that will get eaten ?

Ps sorry to thread jack

A2FB9F94-527A-46E4-A6E7-89E59EB0BAF8.jpeg
 
I’m currently running fallow and thought now would be a great time to get Nudibranchs to work on my Aiptasia now that there are no wrasses in there to eat them.

Current inverts in the tank:
2 skunk cleaners
1 fire shrimp
2-3 peppermint shrimp (going to remove these)
1 sand sifting star
3 fighting conch

I’ve read that peppermint shrimp may eat the Nudibranchs, but what about skunk cleaners and the fire shrimp?
did you end up getting the nudis? did they work? i have a fire shrimp in my tank and also dont want to spend a couple hundred without some assurance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new