Fire shrimp developing a relationship with my Blenny.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Revv65
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Revv65

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2024
Messages
86
Reaction score
94
Location
New Braunfels
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my first saltwater tank set up now for a few months. One of my inverts is a Fire Shrimp. It was introduced not too long after my Lawnmower Blenny. As of recently, I have noticed that they share the same hiding spot. (That the Blenny made) The Blenny will go up to the shrimp and get "groomed" When he's had enough he will swim away. But I've seen this on a fairly regular basis. They even hang out together even during feeding. It's cool to watch. The Blenny is fat and happy and pretty active pocking the algae and feeding well. I've read that Fire Shrimp aren't inherently "cleaner" shrimp but these two seem to have developed a kind of relationship. I try to get pics but they're camera shy. Anyone else have or have had this with their Fire Shrimp?
 
Sounds like your shrimp and blenny are getting along great! My watchman goby developed a bond with our firefish at one point.
 
Fire shrimp are indeed cleaner shrimp, they're just harder to observe since they tend to live more hidden.
 
I actually just posted something similar… mine has paired up with my firefish. They hang out and hide together, I’ve seen him cleaning the firefish a few times. It’s cool.
IMG_0639.jpeg
 
My fire shrimp and snowflake blenny are dating for sure. Sometimes the fire shrimp just massages his shoulders while they stare off into space. It's hilarious
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new