Firefish jumped, is not swimming

jacobc1199

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday my firefish in my new set up jumped out of the tank. Thankfully I was home but I don't know long he was there. I put him back in the tank and as of this morning he's still alive. My concern is that I haven't seen him swim at all and i'm concerned that either the fall or me putting him back in the tank has injured him. Anybody have any experience or ideas. He's in his cave but not acting normally i.e. sitting on the bottom of the sand in places he usually doesn't, being fully inside the rockwork instead of poking his head out, and when I do see him moving not really swimming but shimmying.
 
I doubt there is much uou can do but wait for it to hopefully recover. If it does odds are it will jump again with out a cover on the tank.
There is a cover I took it off when feeding and forgot to put it back on. Do you think I should try feeding her to see if she’ll eat / swim?
 
Yeah feeding might be a good idea
The way she’s in her cave she wouldn’t really be able to see I’m feeding but if she pops her head out I’ll try and update you guys. Thanks for everything.
 
So I just tried feeding her some brine shrimp and she didn’t take any. I haven’t had her long enough to really tell the difference but it looks like she’s still breathing kinda heavy.
 
While she is still very skiddish and not eating her breathing is better and I did see her swim a small distance today. I think she just has PTSD when she sees me now! Thank you all for your help
 
There is a cover I took it off when feeding and forgot to put it back on. Do you think I should try feeding her to see if she’ll eat / swim?

Firefish and Gobys require a cover at all times....or a 24/7 suicide watch. Take your pick. Lost mine when I went to grab a sandwich.;Dead
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new