Firefish self harm, or is this a disease?

Ricordia

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2023
Messages
9
Reaction score
11
Location
Southern Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed what looked like a stuck piece of food on my firefish's lower jaw yesterday evening. Today it looks worse. Is this damage it did to itself on the rockwork, or something more serious that I need to treat the tank for?

Firefish1.png

Firefish2.png

Firefish3.png

Firefish4.png
 
I noticed what looked like a stuck piece of food on my firefish's lower jaw yesterday evening. Today it looks worse. Is this damage it did to itself on the rockwork, or something more serious that I need to treat the tank for?

Firefish1.png

Firefish2.png

Firefish3.png

Firefish4.png
Mouth is very distorted and looks to be from injury that became infected. I honestly dont see this healing to restoration, nor fish eating normally. You can try seachem neoplex or Kanaplex but outcome may not be what you are hoping for
 
Well, crap. This was an expensive (for me) fish. :(

Is there anything I should do for the fish other than medication? I don't have any, and the nearest LFS is 90 miles away and won't be open again until Tuesday.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new