Firereefs shallow "REAL" island build!

very cool - really like the back lighting idea - you'll alwats have a nice sunset(sunrise) over the island
 
Your gonna like a shallow tank if your constantly getting your hands wet.
Yea, Im really loving shallows right now.

Ok it's even better then when I first posted! LOL! Love it!

Hahaha thx!
I can't see anything?! I just see box's with a red x?
Try another browser?
very cool - really like the back lighting idea - you'll alwats have a nice sunset(sunrise) over the island
Thx. Its actually really bright! Its an icecap 4ft led strip.
Amazing build!

thank yooooo!
 
Can't see pics either. Have tried IE and Firefox - not even seeing the boxes with red "x's".
 
ohhh.. ok im not the only one.. i was about to run a virus scan and go yell at my mom for going on those korean soup operas website thats full of viruses.. :bigsmile:
 
Last edited:
And I REALLY want to see this tank - I'm bummed. I love the dimensions. Hopefully, the OP can get the pics back online.
 
no Pics here also? what gives? i wanna see this awesome build!
 
I can see them fine.
 
Oh I just noticed that these images are linked from RC which may be the problem.
 
Sump area

firereef-albums-island-build-picture8820-img-2154.jpg

Tank

firereef-albums-island-build-picture8818-img-2170.jpg


firereef-albums-island-build-picture8819-img-2165.JPG

My socal crabbies that hang out on the island.

firereef-albums-island-build-picture8817-img-2174.JPG
 
Looks good! Nice and clean under that stand. How will you be mounting your lights and what kind of corals will you be keeping?
 
You can't see the pics on my last post?? What am I doing wrong cuz they show up on my computer...


Maybe the mods can help?
 
Looks good! Nice and clean under that stand. How will you be mounting your lights and what kind of corals will you be keeping?


Sps and zoanthids only. Zoanthids will grow around the edges of the island to cover up the island edges underwater. sps will be throughout the rockwork along with scolys all over the sand.
 
I see everything and wow, is that bad ****! Never thought about a shallow tank for myself till now! Is this going to be fish only or will there be coral. I don't see any lighting other than ambiant lighting from behind the tank. You could probably throw a PAR38 Lamp in the ceiling fan??

Ooops, should have read the post above mine. Love the Marley picture on the wall too.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new