Firmware update on Profilux 4 crashing laptop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All
Has anyone else come across this? my laptop is saying there is no digital signature for the driver update when I try to download the latest firmware, and crashes, I have tried reinstalling the latest GCC and manually trying to instal the driver, but it just isn't recognising the driver. In device manger under drivers it just says unknown driver... Help please.. thankfully my profilux is still working with a power off reset.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please PM me. I'll be glad to have a look. Have not come across this.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds to me like the Windows Digital Signature Enforcement feature needs to be disabled. When it comes to installing/running drivers, Windows can sometimes be difficult with allowing the necessary driver to function properly.

If you haven't sorted this out yet, please reach out to Marco or I. We'd be happy to help.

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to update in case anyone else has this issue, it must of been extra security on the works laptop, I wasn't aware of so I went and bought a new laptop, installed the latest gcc, it connected straight away to my Profilux, I wasn't sure if all my settings and programs would transfer from the unit to GCC, but it all did and then the firmware update went like clockwork.. cheers for the advice Chaps

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to update in case anyone else has this issue, it must of been extra security on the works laptop, I wasn't aware of so I went and bought a new laptop, installed the latest gcc, it connected straight away to my Profilux, I wasn't sure if all my settings and programs would transfer from the unit to GCC, but it all did and then the firmware update went like clockwork.. cheers for the advice Chaps
Figured that was going to be it, often work issued laptops have management & security policies that severely restrict 3rd party non-corporate approved applications and drivers.
Glad it was an easy fix for you :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back