First anemone purchase. Rose Bubble Tip

  • Thread starter Thread starter DannoOMG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
$150. Maybe that is why I am a little gunshy about another. Plus I can't really get another if I beat this GHA.

Cause if I got lazy on my WC's and nutrients would the GHA explode even harder?

What clean up crew do you have?

As for dosing, I've been using All for Reef for a year now with great success. It has all the major and minor elements in it, and can be dosed easily by hand once a day. As stuff grow, you will find that you need to dose more. All corals (for the most part) use alkalinity and consume trace elements. Anything with a skeleton uses calcium and magnesium.
 
CUC in my 13 gallon tank is as follows :

1 - Tailspot Blenny (I consider him a CUC member)
1 - Sand sifting cucumber
1- Skunk Shrimp
1 - Snapping Shrimp
1 - Royal Urchin (tuxedo)
3 - Trochus Snails
4 - Bumble Bee snails
2 - Turbo Snails
1 - Emerald Crab
6 - Small blue legged hermit crabs


I dose B-Ionic Calcium in the AM and the same brand Alkalinity in the PM. I started off with 4 mL a day of Alk but now I am up to 12 to keep me in the 8+ range. Currently 9.6. I need to keep dosing higher calcium in the morning. 10 mL isn't cutting it since I am currently at 360. Will have to bump it up to 12-14 mL.

I decided to try a UV sterilizer that is in my second chamber between the mechanical filtration and the return pump.

Today's numbers...

pH - 8.1
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0
Phosphate - 0
Alkalinity - 9.6
Calcium - 360

80 degrees
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new