First Aquascape Opinions

Resz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

This is my first marine aquascape and I do find it challenging when compared to freshwater as I have to do quite a lot of planning.
- My tank is the waterbox marine x 90
- I have 1 ecotech mp10 ( I do plan on getting a second one, if not I am looking at gyre)
- I am planning a mixed reef corals. What I am looking to keep are Hammer, Elegance, Zoa, Scoly, Micromussa, Alveopora, Trachyphyllia, Montipora and Acropora

This is my current design and do tell me what can be improved and what to take note.
- In the picture that are some TLF Stax that are on the ground, they are meant to be added as overhangs with the rocks.
- On the left side I plan for less and non-aggressive corals.
- While on the right side, I plan to put aggressive corals like the Hammers and Elegance.

Thank you for you time in helping me

20211130_142949.jpg 20211130_143005.jpg 20211130_143052.jpg 20211130_143121.jpg

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks amazing. Make sure you're giving yourself enough space between the rock and glass. I made that mistake on my 55 and can't clean the algae in certain spots.

OP
OP
R

Resz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. If fish are part of the plans, I'd try to incorporate a few more caves, tunnels and the like for them to explore, hide and sleep in.
Thank you, I'll take note on that. I'll see if I can add more caves or tunnels. I do plan on keeping like clown fish, watchmen goby & pistol shrimp, naoko wrasse, dragonet and a fox face. I am unsure if I would like to keep a Tang (if I do probs a yellow or a purple).

OP
OP
R

Resz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks amazing. Make sure you're giving yourself enough space between the rock and glass. I made that mistake on my 55 and can't clean the algae in certain spots.
Thank you. I've did the measurements about 5cm room from the glass and rocks for that. But I think it is not very visible in the photos.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back