First ATI ICP test results...source water issues?

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also pulled this out of the sump of my display yesterday. This is the second magnet from GHL to rust on me. This one is what holds my ATO float sensors in place. I had a probe holder rust just like this. @Marco@GHLUSA

afab91344c998ce29c40fd9b9adadc65.jpg

The display was not one of the tanks tested but either way, better to get it out of there.

I’ve also added Cuprisorb to both the frag and display to pull metals.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think at this time I'm not going to have any float/shut off for the RO/DI storage. It takes a day to fill anyway, if anything maybe I'll just put a timer or something on my booster pump to run for the required amount of time to fill the tank.
I set a timer on my phone then turn on the water. :)

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also pulled this out of the sump of my display yesterday. This is the second magnet from GHL to rust on me. This one is what holds my ATO float sensors in place. I had a probe holder rust just like this. @Marco@GHLUSA

afab91344c998ce29c40fd9b9adadc65.jpg

The display was not one of the tanks tested but either way, better to get it out of there.

I’ve also added Cuprisorb to both the frag and display to pull metals.
Ah yep that'll do it too!

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set a timer on my phone then turn on the water. :)
Yeah, I could do something like that. Though usually I can let it run all evening and all night long before it's filled. 150gpd my foot. :)

But, if I fill it on a weekend I can probably set a timer and/or let it run overnight and monitor it the following day until it's full. We'll see how often I can overflow it. :)

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I could do something like that. Though usually I can let it run all evening and all night long before it's filled. 150gpd my foot. :)

But, if I fill it on a weekend I can probably set a timer and/or let it run overnight and monitor it the following day until it's full. We'll see how often I can overflow it. :)

I'm bad at RO and timers. I've flood the laundry room 3 times now.... my wife is not amused. This week was almost a disaster again because apparently after changing my sediment/carbon block I was making water faster than before. My timer hadn't gone off and I was within an inch of the top of the brute.

So I purchased a BRS shutoff assembly, and then read this about it probably rusting. :mad:
This one looks to be all plastic:
https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-A...8&qid=1523397369&sr=8-20&keywords=float+valve

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm bad at RO and timers. I've flood the laundry room 3 times now.... my wife is not amused. This week was almost a disaster again because apparently after changing my sediment/carbon block I was making water faster than before. My timer hadn't gone off and I was within an inch of the top of the brute.

So I purchased a BRS shutoff assembly, and then read this about it probably rusting. :mad:
This one looks to be all plastic:
https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-A...8&qid=1523397369&sr=8-20&keywords=float+valve
Nice find. I am not thrilled about a timed fill of my RO, because, like you, I am sure to overflow it. I have a relatively new setup and don't have a very good idea of how long it takes for the tank to fill, plus, like you said, it can likely vary depending on water pressure, filters, etc.

Might pick one of these up for more peace of mind.

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the copper reading??
Someone with more knowledge can chime in, but my assumption is it's also related to the metal contamination. What seems odd is copper and some others show up in the RO test but not the actual tank test...that part I don't get.

Luno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone with more knowledge can chime in, but my assumption is it's also related to the metal contamination. What seems odd is copper and some others show up in the RO test but not the actual tank test...that part I don't get.

Oh I thought I saw it high in both on second look your right!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back