First attempt at fragging.

  • Thread starter Thread starter SPLASH!
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SPLASH!

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
59
Reaction score
62
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fellow reefers,

I dove into the world of fragging and propagating this afternoon. I know it’s not much,but I started on an easy GSP. I didn’t quite yet have the nerve to start on anything else. However the frags started opening up a couple hours after putting them back into the tank. In a week or so I will frag my leather. Any one near Clarksville, TN in need of some GSP frags, I didn’t think that part through haha.
601C0C70-79DF-413B-8248-1F876D3E42B5.jpeg
The leather I will frag next.
7771EF6F-65BC-4DBF-949F-B2F1FD62DEC3.jpeg
picture of the GSP frags.
92BF6234-C94A-4F0D-B593-95FA4F2FFB3D.jpeg
second picture.
 
I fragged my devil‘s hand leather coral today. I was able to get 17 small frags. Now I have to wait and see if they attach.
769FC64A-88E7-4244-BD29-CC678ACD908A.jpeg
F7D8AE94-97F7-4A04-9865-DEA5453DD9F5.jpeg
4A463B19-B063-4582-8029-36BF2146F14E.jpeg
 
Those drags look very good. Well done! The leather might be a bit harder. In my expirience i usually just let it drop fingers and glue the floaters down to plugs after it self propagates.
 
Those drags look very good. Well done! The leather might be a bit harder. In my expirience i usually just let it drop fingers and glue the floaters down to plugs after it self propagates.
Fragging it was quite easy. I just cut off some of the longer lobes Off and attached them to the plug with a rubber band. The hard part was the rubber band it was too tight and split some in two. Fortunately most self attached to the plug even though they were split by the band.
 
Yea the leathers are easy I do the same as you. Cut with scissors and rubber band to a rock or plug
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new