First coral GSP black base, remove or not?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marine2149
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Marine2149

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2020
Messages
131
Reaction score
85
Location
Phoenix
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a GSP and was wondering if I remove the black plastic that it came on. It's my first one. My parameters are in line from what I have read on the interwebs.

IMG_20200706_190928.jpg


Thanks guys.
 
You can and glue to rocks or just leave it alone. Either way it will cover that whole rock in no time and you will never see that plug again. I would say just leave it.
 
Any suggestions on food?

GSP will grow in the pits of hell without anything to eat. :D Honestly though it will be fine without feeding and just getting light. However, a broadcast or target feeding of a coral food like reef roids will be ok.
 
I was just eye balling roids. Heard it elevated phosphates. I will do further research. Thank you for the guidenss.

It will elevate PO4. It doesn't last long if just feeding a couple times a week sparingly and have a good export system in place. If your feeding everyday then you will run into some issues.

However, just skip feeding if concerned and GSP will grow just fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new