First corals added!!

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was referring to random mushrooms popping up all over the tank because they decided to move and live a little piece behind.
Some mushrooms do that. Rhodactis and disco mushrooms (yeah I’m sure I didn’t spell those right). I’m pretty sure Ricordeas split. :D

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an exciting time for a new reef build. Ripe with opportunity! I like the openness of your rock work that will allow good flow and plenty of growing space for corals. Don't worry too much, it's a learning process and enjoy the journey!

OP
OP
dnott3

dnott3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some mushrooms do that. Rhodactis and disco mushrooms (yeah I’m sure I didn’t spell those right). I’m pretty sure Ricordeas split. :D
I feel like I spell everything in this hobby wrong!
What an exciting time for a new reef build. Ripe with opportunity! I like the openness of your rock work that will allow good flow and plenty of growing space for corals. Don't worry too much, it's a learning process and enjoy the journey!
Thank you for the feed back it's much appreciated. I am going to trust the process, figure out what works for me and I know there are a lot of people on here that are willing to answer questions and give feedback.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo how many people have leathers and enjoy them? What do you like and dislike about them?
(try and regain some sense of direction with this thread)

Sorry for the derail OP.

I've got a few and quite enjoy them.

Neon sinularia is a fast grower although a bit temperamental. Touch it and itll pout for a few days. (On the left)
PXL_20210728_214151994.MP.jpg

Also a few toadstools. The ugly colored ones grow and extend great for me.(top right of pic) I've got one from WWC and one from aqua sd that are both "hot colors" and have barely grown.
PXL_20210616_215159515.MP.jpg

OP
OP
dnott3

dnott3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the derail OP.

I've got a few and quite enjoy them.

Neon sinularia is a fast grower although a bit temperamental. Touch it and itll pout for a few days. (On the left)
It happens we all derail at some point in our lives.
The LFS had a frag of the neon sinularia, they had it priced more than I was willing to pay for first corals to go in. I like the toadstools but thought the fingers on the devils hand might provide more entertainment for me to watch fish interact with it. I would like to get into the euphyllia eventually.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens we all derail at some point in our lives.
The LFS had a frag of the neon sinularia, they had it priced more than I was willing to pay for first corals to go in. I like the toadstools but thought the fingers on the devils hand might provide more entertainment for me to watch fish interact with it. I would like to get into the euphyllia eventually.
My sinularia came with the tank and I have zero idea where the price sits. After owning them both, I would buy a sinularia again over a toadstool personally.

OP
OP
dnott3

dnott3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sinularia came with the tank and I have zero idea where the price sits. After owning them both, I would buy a sinularia again over a toadstool personally.
Perks of buying a tank off someone. I bought a nuvo 10 last year that came with a small zoa frag but it didn't make it in my set up at the time.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back