First corals for a beginner tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter randyBRS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2014
Messages
2,124
Reaction score
3,922
Location
Minneapolis, MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright....share your top coral choices for beginner tanks?


 
Cabbage leathers
Toadstool leathers
GSP
Hairy shrooms
Kenya tree

These are the things I had the most success with early on.
 
Mushrooms, such as Ricordea Florida. I’ve read that the Yuma varieties are less tolerable. Also, zoas, GSP, xenia. I love the way the pulsing Xenia’s look, just would be careful with placement isolation. I hear they are the “weeds of the reef!”

P.S- Hi @randyBRS! Keep up the awesome informative videos!
 
I would actually recommend staying from corals like Xenia and GSP for beginners because they can so easily take over and are almost impossible to remove from your rock scape when you want to.

I would recommend

Duncan's
Zoas
Mushrooms
RFA's
Acans
 
I would actually recommend staying from corals like Xenia and GSP for beginners because they can so easily take over and are almost impossible to remove from your rock scape when you want to.

I would recommend

Duncan's
Zoas
Mushrooms
RFA's
Acans
I've never been able to get Xenia to not just turn into mush.

Zoas and Mushrooms would be my beginner/new tank suggestions.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new