First Cube 30 gal Oceanic build - Need guidance

Smitty_13

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2012
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Location
Middle TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the photos of what the progression from the last 3 months till now.

*30 Gal Oceanic, 17 lbs LR, 10 lbs Dry Rock, 2in Sand Bed, Marineland reed capable led,

**Getting some amazon 530 GPH wave makers in tomorrow to replace my single over powered power head. Anyone have any experience with these cheap SUNSUN 530's?

* 2 Common Clowns, 10 dwarf blue leg hermits, 3 polyp zoa frag, 2 frags of Xenia, and 1 blue mushroom


photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg
 
Looks good I've always wanted a cube tank I have a 55 reef ! If I were you though I'd get rid of that HOB filter and get a overflow box and run a wet dry or a sump
 
Well I have checked the ammonia every week and it has not budged from 0. That is why I just bought the dry base rock and let it build bacteria over time. As for the sump I am looking at either drilling while full ( Which I don't want to do) or an overflow box.
 
Ivehad an overflow on mine for 6 months and no problems! And watch your nitrate and nitrate
 
I know this is late, I have been out of commission for a while. I would just run an overflow for the cube and then get some more rock and flow in that tank with a power head or two.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new