OP
T

Thrillik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should be fine, no none of that should affect ph or water quality significantly tbh.

Honestly i cant see anything but bad initial fish health, equipment malfunction, or external actor (person/child, animal, or tank animal) being the cause. Everything else checks out.

Anyways, only way to find out is to put another fish in, preferably locally sourced and has been in their tanks for while (maybe 2 weeks+) so you can get it into your tank in the shortest amount of travel and know its not going to die from things that have happened to it during international shipping.

Also check in to your tank at night, you might see the culprit.
Appreciate your time. I’m going away for 2 weeks so will try a local fish next that hasn’t shipped recently. The second fish that died was mid day and wasn’t due to an attack that I could see. I saw it swimming, started a work meeting, and 15 minutes later it was dead. Hoping there isn’t a bobbit or an unfriendly crab, but those don’t hunt mid day, right?

Someshmuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate your time. I’m going away for 2 weeks so will try a local fish next that hasn’t shipped recently. The second fish that died was mid day and wasn’t due to an attack that I could see. I saw it swimming, started a work meeting, and 15 minutes later it was dead. Hoping there isn’t a bobbit or an unfriendly crab, but those don’t hunt mid day, right?
No they don't, but bobbits are a rare occurance in the hobby showing up in live rock direct from the ocean but you never know. Hermits imo have never tried to kill any fish of mine, usually they're too busy trying to get scraps from the floor.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back