First ever reef tank

ReefTrucker386

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2025
Messages
18
Reaction score
32
Location
East Central Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly piercing together my first ever reef tank. I personally feel i’m 75% with this aquascape, though I’d be satisfied if it’s considered done as is. So far it’s only gel super glued. Hopefully getting my marco cement stuff next week so i can blend the chunks together. Please critique the absolute **** out of my aquascape. The good and the bad. I’m the furthest skilled person away from being Picasso or Van Gogh, so trust me… you can’t hurt my feelings. I’m not artistic what so ever 😂! My end goal is a mixed reef, so i tried consider each coral placement for par and flow.










 
Congrats on your first build!

I'm guessing you wanted to post some pics of your 'scape, but they didn't seem to attach 🙃
 
20260117_175258_17154986-5DAD-4C22-9977-015805393A06.png

20260117_175258_7824A91E-3ED9-4189-B99D-1B73B0EC9DA9.png

20260117_175258_B5D38DC5-9904-49FF-8D12-E49BA0FACA7F.png

20260117_175259_ACB926FE-2A3E-4710-AB70-0C2A1BDE5BB7.png

20260117_175259_0167A75A-A7FE-4288-8FC4-85CF41DA205E.png

20260117_175259_6CF80AE9-F08B-4BD7-AF58-8A6DFE45653A.png

20260117_175259_2DA632C6-2188-4809-83E9-9B89C05B436A.png
 
Thank ya! I have a few more boulders I can chisel into smaller pieces and have most of the structures extend forward towards the front some more so it crates more overhangs. But the trick is not blocking the lights so my lower par corls still get light lol
Looking forward to seeing it come together
 
Tank is currently being used as a native predator tank. My three boys caught a juvenile large mouth bass, two warmouth bass and a bluegill or brim. Don’t know what it is yet.
20260118_204747_24FA19B6-613C-4B14-ADA2-1481C11C251F.png

20260118_204747_D41B51C0-1C6B-466A-9500-3369E84CFF5C.png

20260118_204748_27082D65-05EF-4667-AE05-5FD5F2A9F84F.png
 
Welcome to the club!

Your scape looks great, done an amazing job!
Thank you! In your honest opinion, should I go a little higher? My end goal is a mixed reef, slightly more SPS dominant. Right now my scape is half the distance to the water’s surface.
 
Aquascape looks good! Plenty of room for corals and fish to swim around in. It's put you, but you could make the aquascape a little higher on one side to allow it to get more "light" for higher-demanding light corals. That is up to you though!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new