• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

First experience with TSM Aquatics for Quarantined Fish!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I ordered several fish - a flame wrasse, sailfin wrasse, gem tang, two moorish idols, a purple firefish, convict tang, darwin clownfish, fire shrimp, and a GBTA.

@HotRocks received the sailfin wrasse, gem tang, and one idol. I, the rest. I will update this thread, perhaps @HotRocks would do so as well.

Let me first say that Matt/TSM were fantastic to deal with. I've spent MUCH time quarantining with some successes but it became clear to me that I was beginning to dislike the hobby because of how much time I spent quarantining, and how much trouble I had. If there was a new strain of something, I found it, every time. Of course, stocking a 500G wall tank and 180G reef meant larger batches of fish to quarantine (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST THIS AS I FAILED HARD ON BIG BATCHES). Me being someone that knows the importance of STRINGENT QT protocols, I was VERY hesitant to jump aboard and entrust my existing inhabitants and future fish with. I researched TSM extensively. I read other reviews.

1. Fish arrived today all very well packaged, boxed. Heat packs galore. TSM spared no expense getting this fish to us. Very satisfied.
  2. Fish were all well-fed and appear in great health without any defects
  3. Fish have already adjusted well to their new homes
  4. Fish were very reasonably priced, considering all of the work and cost associated with successfully quarantining fish.
I had ordered a blonde naso with streamers as well, but Matt called to inform me that he wasn't happy with the condition of his lateral line and wanted to either hold him back or send me another one when it is available. I was actually very appreciative of that, to me it indicates that he has high standards for the fish that represent TSM. I am VERY picky, so a review like this from me is rare.

I couldn't be happier. I will update this thread again as the fish adjust. So far, 5 stars, HIGHLY recommend!

@tsm corals
@tsmaquatics

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, they are great to work with and I too have been extremely happy with every fish I have gotten from them. Actually, all my fish have come from them and as mentioned they were eating day one and very healthy specimens..

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say over the last few years I have quarantined enough fish to last “most hobbyists” a lifetime. Some for friends and many for myself. Anyway these are some of the most healthy fish I have ever received. They look great. All are eating already and I acclimated directly to my display. I have some fairly aggressive tangs in my tank already. The new gem and idol both had to be shown who was boss and that was over after about an hour and if you look at my tank now you’d simply think these fish have all been together forever. Very pleased to see someone doing such a great thing for our hobby. I’d highly recommend giving TSM a shot especially if you don’t want to or have the option to QT fish for yourself. For those of you who know how strict I am about QT you will have comfort knowing I dropped these guys right into my display.

Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update -- the fish at my house are THRIVING. They're smashing frozen, nori, pellets, flakes -- you name it. Very healthy. No ich, velvet, infections, brook, or anything has appeared. A week in, and SUCCESS!

Now I just need @tsmaquatics to find me some other fish on my fish list so I can keep stocking! :D

@HotRocks how are your fish rocking?

mottomegl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to say i have been dealing withTSM for a few years now i live 45 minutes away and i have personally seen there qt process and they qt every fish and will not sell them unless they are healthy and eating something you dont see in a lot of places and the employees there are so knowledgeable too they have marine biologists backgrounds especially Matt. I will not buy fish from anyone else never had a fish lose from them

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to say i have been dealing withTSM for a few years now i live 45 minutes away and i have personally seen there qt process and they qt every fish and will not sell them unless they are healthy and eating something you dont see in a lot of places and the employees there are so knowledgeable too they have marine biologists backgrounds especially Matt. I will not buy fish from anyone else never had a fish lose from them
so true and well said

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just an update -- the fish at my house are THRIVING. They're smashing frozen, nori, pellets, flakes -- you name it. Very healthy. No ich, velvet, infections, brook, or anything has appeared. A week in, and SUCCESS!

Now I just need @tsmaquatics to find me some other fish on my fish list so I can keep stocking! :D

@HotRocks how are your fish rocking?
How is the idol doing?
I want some fish for the new tank and I was trying to contact them through several different ways but no luck.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the idol doing?
I want some fish for the new tank and I was trying to contact them through several different ways but no luck.
I usually get through on their main phone number during business hours. The fish are doing very well, idol is eating like a champ and getting fatter than he always was!

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I usually get through on their main phone number during business hours. The fish are doing very well, idol is eating like a champ and getting fatter than he always was!
I tried calling them but no luck. But will try again. Its good to hear about the idol. :)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried calling them but no luck. But will try again. Its good to hear about the idol. :)

Anirban,
I can back up TSM too. Have dealt with Ray and Matt two times over the past two or three years. They are absolutely in a league of their own. Their pre-order waitlist is sure worth the wait... :D

Got my Achilles from them and just bought a small male full QT'd BT trigger this year from Matt.

@tsmaquatics
Thanks so much for my 3" long, male Blue Throat trigger, he's doing great.

Hope Ray is on the mend.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anirban,
I can back up TSM too. Have dealt with Ray and Matt two times over the past two or three years. They are absolutely in a league of their own. Their pre-order waitlist is sure worth the wait... :D

Got my Achilles from them and just bought a small male full QT'd BT trigger this year from Matt.

@tsmaquatics
Thanks so much for my 3" long, male Blue Throat trigger, he's doing great.

Hope Ray is on the mend.
Hi Freddie, good to hear that. Next time when you order something from them just add few others from my end. :p Somehow they don't like to communicate with me by any means.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, just an update. Fish are thriving, still quite happy with my purchase. I look forward to more! :)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back