First Fish Adding to my Reef Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishnick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fishnick

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I have completed cycling my tank and am looking to add my first 2 clownfish.

Can I add them straight into my tank without quarantine and what process should I follow when adding to my tank? This is the first livestock going in.

Appreciate any advice!
 
If you are asking us if you should quarantine, that is a personal choice, some do some don't. If this is your first experience with fish keeping, then I would suggest to quarantine until you get a hang of the hobby. Just my 2 cents, good luck with your first fish.
 
I also suggest quarantining new fish, or purchasing your fish from a vendor who offers fully QT'd fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new