First frag ever???

jmerideth1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
103
Reaction score
92
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question marks because not sure if it's called a frag. There is a small coral that some helpful folks on here have helped me identify as a likely hammer coral. It was lying on the bottom of a tank (my first marine tank ever yay!!) that I rescued off of craigslist. The reason I am posting though is because of a technique I used that was extremely helpful for me. I had a rock that was completely dry and I put the superglue that I used on the rock where I intended too place the coral. Now for the helpful part and this is where your proficiency in the use of chopsticks can really help !!! I simply grabbed the extremely tiny frag on it's calcium base put a tiny drop of super-glue on the frag and firmly placed it onto the rock with the tiny bit of tacky super-glue I had on the rock already, held it in place for a couple of seconds. No muss no fuss my frag was probably only out of the water for a minute and it seems too be doing well. Here is a pic of my little coral. Its above the lawnmower blenny in line with his/her back almost impossibly small.
received_375798172783907.jpeg
Sorry about the picture quality I'm still trying too figure out how too use a decent camera. I hope at least someone can use this little trick. It was helpful for me, otherwise I always end up gluing my fingers together [emoji35]
 
Euphyllia is my close second to Pavona. Great starter coral. Does well in descent amount of light and low to high nutrients
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new