First full week running

  • Thread starter Thread starter NeonNomad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NeonNomad

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2020
Messages
38
Reaction score
128
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so its been a week and a 2 days that I have had my tank running on my first cycle ever my number seem good so far and no real algae yet. I have been keeping the light off. My numbers are.
*Ammonia 0
*Nitrite 0.1
*Nitrate 5
*PH 8.5

View attachment 1859651
 
Sounds like your tank is cycled :) You could add more ammonia (or a source of ammonia like fish food) and watch it all be converted to nitrate again, but the presence of nitrate means you are cycling :D
 
Sounds like your tank is cycled :) You could add more ammonia (or a source of ammonia like fish food) and watch it all be converted to nitrate again, but the presence of nitrate means you are cycling :D
Haha yeah so far so good! I have a snowflake clown in the tank i decided to go with a live fish to cycle my tank with added bio boosters to keep it safe. So I have a constant ammonia supply and I do regular feedings so the bacteria seem to be doing the trick
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new