First ICP test came back... should I be worried?

OP
OP
justin.k.nelson

justin.k.nelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, where are the rest of your results? That looks like only the first page?

Second, I agree with RHF, the only two items here so far of concern are the calcium and lithium readings. That calcium if correct is really high, going to contribute to excess precipitation in your pump and elsewhere, don't know if it's actually harmful to livestock. As for the lithium, some salts, including IO Reef Crystals in my case, contain high levels of lithium but those are only up to around 600, your level if correct is 10x that at 6110. I don't see how that could be coming from the salt.

Personally, before getting too concerned, I'd confirm these results by sending off a sample to another lab like Triton or ATI (either will take about 2 weeks.)

PolyFilter will definitely not remove lithium.
Thanks for the info. I think that is all I got but I'll have to check. I might have to use another testing service to verify. The calcium does alarm me but I have not seen any adverse effects so far. How would I remove the lithium? I believe this was coming from my af vitamin dosing, which I have since stopped dosing and stuck with my frozen food regiment.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I think that is all I got but I'll have to check. I might have to use another testing service to verify. The calcium does alarm me but I have not seen any adverse effects so far. How would I remove the lithium? I believe this was coming from my af vitamin dosing, which I have since stopped dosing and stuck with my frozen food regiment.

You cannot remove lithium except by water change. Chemically it behaves like sodium and potassium.

OP
OP
justin.k.nelson

justin.k.nelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my second report. Looks like the Li levels have gone down with the discontinued use of AF products

PPLQlVG.jpg

Jtnq4dp.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 150 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back