First ICP Test results: Anything stand out as needing 'fixing'?

clhardy5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the results back on my ICP test. I really have no idea if the 'high' or 'low' levels are of concern, and need 'fixing'. Would love any and all to take a look, and let me know areas of concern. Thanks!

Attachments

• ICP June 2021.pdf
    14.7 KB · Views: 61
  • RODI Test results.pdf
    13.4 KB · Views: 114

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks ok to me

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your calcium is just a tiny bit lower than I would like. I would also keep an eye on the Silicates. Not really a fan of those being present since they tend to cause algae outbreaks. I'd compare it to your next test to see if they are increasing.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your calcium is just a tiny bit lower than I would like. I would also keep an eye on the Silicates. Not really a fan of those being present since they tend to cause algae outbreaks. I'd compare it to your next test to see if they are increasing.

Silicate cannot ever boost algae. It can boost diatoms. But if you do not have problematic levels of diatoms, high levels are not concern and silicate is something I regularly dosed.

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I was actually surprised by the calcium level....My trident has calcium at 445....and Salifert around the same.

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silicate cannot ever boost algae. It can boost diatoms. But if you do not have problematic levels of diatoms, high levels are not concern and silicate is something I regularly dosed.
Thanks Randy. No visible diatom problem. I like a little silicates because don't sponges require it?

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't wish to derail the thread.

Thank you for the clarification about algae/diatoms concerns with heightened silicates.

May I ask what the benefits are of dosing silicates?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back