Not open for further replies.

Gunner2012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol no i wasnt joking thats how i plan to stock the tank,

i do plan on investing in more decor for the tank , any suggestions other than live rock,im on the second floor of an apartment and i dont really want to add anymore significant weight

Rule of thumb..one fish per 10 gallons.

OP
OP
David Jones

David Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
David I know you're new 2 the site and I enjoyed your other thread. But buddy please take this guy back and don't add any triggers to this. I typically refrain from this type of thread anymore when I don't agree but I'm a sucker for eels.
As an example I have a 125g 6ft that when I resetup and was researching eels, I found my tank wasn't big enough, these guys grow big and while not super active love to stretch out (my chainlink eel swims my tank daily). You will have less than a year (my eel has quadrupled in size in a year) unless another problem arises first with it.

Honestly a year is more than i need to enjoy looking at this zebra eel, after a year i can swap him out for a smaller one, just like people in the hobby who have huge shark tanks, tbey swap them out when they get too big

Pdandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is amusing. I feel like this guy is trolling us. But then maybe he isn't. In that case I feel sorry for the fish that end up in this tank.

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly a year is more than i need to enjoy looking at this zebra eel, after a year i can swap him out for a smaller one, just like people in the hobby who have huge shark tanks, tbey swap them out when they get too big
But a 60 g cube is 3 ft at its widest point maybe?

OP
OP
David Jones

David Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is amusing. I feel like this guy is trolling us. But then maybe he isn't. In that case I feel sorry for the fish that end up in this tank.

Lol, so trolling right now, but dead serious with my plan for stocking the tank lol

Last edited by a moderator:

FeliciaLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That eel already looks decent sized and they grow FAST! You have an eel that needs a minimum tank size of 125 gallons in less than half of that. That eel will get up to 5 feet long. I have a snowflake eel in a smaller tank because I have an upgrade planned in a few months, and my snowflake has tripled in size in the last year. A snowflake eel would have been a way better choice for a 60 gallon. You really need to research these species and stop trying to put them in way too small of a tank. The only fish on your list that is appropriately sized for your tank is the dwarf Lionfish.

OP
OP
David Jones

David Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these fish are really cheap there all like 40 to 100 bucks if they die i will just buy a new one, if they last 3-6 months it was worth it for me lol

MCooper

MCooper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on man! This site is by far the best and most helpful site around for the hobby. You are basically telling everyone to back off when they give you advice, that you should honestly take and use. I get if you don't feel attached to your livestock as most of us do, but when you are doing something that is just not in the best interest at any given time for that animal, maybe it should make you rethink it or at least take some of the advice being given to you. I lived in Manhattan on a 4th story walk up, yet had tons of live rock in a few tanks.
Come on man!

Last edited by a moderator:

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FeliciaLynn imho they need a 180 + due to their girth and size, I never recommend for under that.

good luck!
I try 2 give people the benefit of the doubt. If this ever becomes a true passion and love you will see where our advice is coming from. We're not salesman, just trying to help others not make the mistakes we did.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for sharing your tank and welcome to Reef2Reef.

As with any forum a thread will receive input from other members. It appears to me that others are offering their assistance based on their experience in the hobby. Thus far the advice and input is intended to enhance your experience and success in the hobby. The husbandry input is yours to accept or ignore but I sincerely feel it would behoove you to consider advice from those more experienced in the hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 28 16.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 69 41.1%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.0%
Back