First NSA attempt

DVal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first attempt at NSA. Going in a 6ft mixed reef. Base is Marco base piece and the rest is Pukani that has been sitting in my garage. It's currently 16in tall (2/3 ht of tank). Unfortunately, I've got 2 braces across my tank at 21 inches apart, so it limits what I can do outside of the tank. I plan on adding additional branches once I get the main pieces in the tank to allow them to fit together. Currently glued but will mortar together. What are your thoughts, critiques, and/or advice? This is my first one, so I'm learning as I go along.

Attachments

• 20200822_154047.mp4
    52.8 MB
OP
OP
DVal

DVal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first attempt at NSA. Going in a 6ft mixed reef. Base is Marco base piece and the rest is Pukani that has been sitting in my garage. It's currently 16in tall (2/3 ht of tank). Unfortunately, I've got 2 braces across my tank at 21 inches apart, so it limits what I can do outside of the tank. I plan on adding additional branches once I get the main pieces in the tank to allow them to fit together. Currently glued but will mortar together. What are your thoughts, critiques, and/or advice? This is my first one, so I'm learning as I go along.

Oops. Realize I had the PVC flipped the wrong way. Here it is flipped

Attachments

• 20200822_172152.mp4
    36.5 MB
OP
OP
DVal

DVal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I've got some people coming in the morning to help bring the tank in from the garage then i should have the aquascape in the tank by tomorrow night. I'll be able to get a good video of the finished scape.

OP
OP
DVal

DVal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I really like that one. Do you have any finished pics or video?
Here is the finished rockscape. One piece on the far right broke off, so I have it being supported by another rock until I can get more mortar in. I glued it back together, but indint trust the glue for the long run.

Attachments

• 20201024_221549.mp4
    79.1 MB

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back