First Post Here: My 380 Gallon Shallow

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,750
Reaction score
5,733
Location
Mount Morris Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So first off, so glad I finally pulled the trigger and joined this forum. I've been keeping saltwater for about 13 years now, and finally got my 380 gallon shallow (96" long x 48" wide x 19" tall) Bashsea custom acrylic aquarium back up and running as a saltwater a few months ago. I took a quick video of the tank tonight and figured I might as well share it with a bunch of other fish nuts here!



Tankmates include:
1 rescue hippo tang (came from a 75 gallon tank with a clown trigger and a grouper)
1 clown tang
1 unicorn tang
1 two barred rabbitfish
1 Moorish idol
1 koran angel
1 regal angel
1 flame angel
1 lemonpeel angel
2 coral beauty angel
1 dot dash butterflyfish
1 Pacific double saddle butterflyfish
1 longnose butterflyfish
1 mollucan damsel
2 azure damsel
2 blue devil damsel
1 Humbug Damsel (in sump resident)
2 banggai cardinalfish
2 pajama cardinalfish
2 black cap basslet
1 orchid dottyback
1 splendid dottyback (need to catch from sump, he hitched a ride over the overflow)
1 lyretail anthias
1 cleaner wrasse
1 algae blenny
1 bicolor blenny
1 niger triggerfish
2 Wyoming white ocellaris clowns
2 tomato clowns
1 electric blue hermit
1 cleaner shrimp
2 peppermint shrimp
2 coral banded shrimp
1 photosynthetic gorgonian
1 bubbletip anemone
1 Banded serpent starfish
1 Pink serpent starfish
 
Pretty cool group of fish in there - _loved_ that itsy-teensy regal!

Welcome to Reef2Reef - I hope you find this place as warm and friendly as I do!

~Bruce
 
Welcome to R2R![emoji3][emoji3] we are glad to have you here. I love all of the movement you have in the shallow tank with the fish!
 
Pretty cool group of fish in there - _loved_ that itsy-teensy regal!

~Bruce

Thanks for the welcome! I love the baby regal as well, one of my favorite fish in the tank. It's actually doubled in size since I brought it home around 2 months ago. Feeding 5x per day helps with growth for sure. I attached a picture of the regal from around a month ago.

Also I forgot to mention that there is an emerald crab in the tank as well.

IMG_20160923_203931779_HDR.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new