First post! What 4' tank should I buy?

CarsAndCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been lurking for a while and decided to finally post. I've decided now is a good time for me to get back in the game after an eight year hiatus.

What 4' tank should I buy and why?

I dont want an AIO. Really wouldn't mind having a canopy--not 100% sold on rimless but they seem to be the most popular and you do get good O2/CO2 exchange. CADE looks gorgeous but $7k is way out of my price range. Waterbox looks like a decent tank. Are the seam issues corrected with the Reefer G2? Who else out there makes nice tanks? I like IM's aluminum stand for the price but unsure about the quality of their larger tanks. Who else makes good tanks?

Any input/advice is greatly appreciated. I'm ready to purchase today just can't decide and need to get it right the first time. Cant wait to get another tank going!

Circa 2013. My OG 100 gallon bowfront (yes I know bowfronts are lame--I used to get crap for it back then too LOL). Had a ton of fun and success with this tank and miss it dearly. My favorite fish were my black tang, purple tang, chevron tang, bellus angels, and wyoming white clownfish. I cant even remember the names of some of the coral I had but there was some rad stuff in there.

tank.jpeg

OP
OP
CarsAndCoral

CarsAndCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably should have clarified. My budget is around $3k for display/stand/sump/plumbing. I don’t want cheap I want good. Thanks for your response!

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I didn't say cheap but affordable lol, best of luck

Last edited:

ckuhny3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably should have clarified. My budget is around $3k for display/stand/sump/plumbing. I don’t want cheap I want good. Thanks for your response!
For 3k you may want to look at the second hand Market tbh. 3k won’t go far on new gear

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with innovative marine because you can buy tank alone and I didnt want
the stand or sump that other manufacturers kind of force you to buy. Size was exactly what I was looking for and I’m very happy with the quality of the tank.

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just put down on a GlassCages 48x24x18 peninsula that is going to be about $2,500 shipped. I am also planning on using a Tenecor aluminum stand which will be roughly $600 and a 40B sump with a Fiji Cube baffle kit, which will be about $200. GlassCages is pricey but you get exactly what you want, and it will be built like a tank and last a long time.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Glass cages
Waterbox
Planet aquariums

These are all good. You'll like the glass cages. I had a 360g by them and Zero complaints

OP
OP
CarsAndCoral

CarsAndCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put down on a GlassCages 48x24x18 peninsula that is going to be about $2,500 shipped. I am also planning on using a Tenecor aluminum stand which will be roughly $600 and a 40B sump with a Fiji Cube baffle kit, which will be about $200. GlassCages is pricey but you get exactly what you want, and it will be built like a tank and last a long time.
I’ll check them out, thanks! I love peninsula tanks, wish it had a spot for one. Good luck with your build.

sk8elenex92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out SCA tanks. Currently running my second SCA 120g tank. First one taken done and sold. Local refers that come by always compliment how nice the tank is.
You can’t beat the prices with shipping and they are very responsive.

OP
OP
CarsAndCoral

CarsAndCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out SCA tanks. Currently running my second SCA 120g tank. First one taken done and sold. Local refers that come by always compliment how nice the tank is.
You can’t beat the prices with shipping and they are very responsive.
They look really nice. Love the bracing at the top on the larger tanks. Thanks for the recommendation! What are you using for a stand?

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the water box frag 105.4 it’s what I have and love it. It’s 4ft and also pretty short yet wide, very nice design. Also quality it top notch and I have 0 complaints. The only tanks I will buy from now on is a waterbox

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back