First poster in PNW forum?

Same here. Luckily I’ve already sold a good amount for June so I should be good :)
What line of sales are you in?

Wholesale, in the gift industry... mostly housewares. Soaps, dish towels, kitchen products, some apparel.
 
Wholesale, in the gift industry... mostly housewares. Soaps, dish towels, kitchen products, some apparel.
Cool. I’m in the moving industry so a totally different kind of thing. Sales is sales though, your only as good as last months comm statement right?
 
Cool. I’m in the moving industry so a totally different kind of thing. Sales is sales though, your only as good as last months comm statement right?

Yep, though I imagine sales in moving is more about hunting... people don't exactly move all that often, so building up relationships likely doesn't pay off as much as it does for me. Referrals are likely much more important though. =) Commercial, residential, all of the above?
 
Yep, though I imagine sales in moving is more about hunting... people don't exactly move all that often, so building up relationships likely doesn't pay off as much as it does for me. Referrals are likely much more important though. =) Commercial, residential, all of the above?
You’d actually be surprised how often people move. Referrals are important but I’m with a big carrier so people seek us out. I luckily don’t have to do a lot of hunting because I’m on the residential side. Commercial is all about the relationships and digging up new business on your own which I am not great at doing. My career path just never took me to that side of the business.
 
Ya i think its intresting. More and more ppl are willing to pay someone or a company to help them move now days.
Ppl are coming to the senses. Moving sucks. Lol.
D
And thank goodness they do. I got a whole living going on here based on the fact that moving sucks lol.
 
Hi PNW reefers! I know it's been a while since someone posted on this thread, but I joined R2R not a while ago and finally found a local group. I'm super newbie to the hobby, and will start a build thread soon. I know there are tons of beginners threads on this great site , but it's good to know that there's a local community that shares the same passion and maybe willing to share a trick or two :) Cheers!
 
Hi All, a year new to the PWN also! Just wanted to make myself known. :)
Hey MaddyP,

It’s not too active around here but if you can manage to dig up @KingTideCorals you can have the badge lol. Welcome to the neighborhood.
 
Hey MaddyP,

It’s not too active around here but if you can manage to dig up @KingTideCorals you can have the badge lol. Welcome to the neighborhood.
Thanks! I heard there might be a local group that meets out of the PNWMAS forum. It'd be great to have a physical group to visit once meeting is less risky.
 
Thanks! I heard there might be a local group that meets out of the PNWMAS forum. It'd be great to have a physical group to visit once meeting is less risky.
You might be right but I think they are pretty low profile too, or maybe I’m just not paying enough attention. I think you’ll have better luck with the group down in Portland. I think @SuncrestReef might be someone you could ask about that.
 
Another PNW reefer Here. Was hoping there were more here. New to it all. How do I get the PNWR badge?
Get your build thread badge too and start posting some pics of your progress.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new