First Reef Tank - 150g

Short update this week. It's been a busy work week for me and did not have time to do a weekly water change. Nor did I find time to do some water testing for the phosphate and nitrates. I did however received some corals from Riptide and got them into the tank.
 
Another short update this week. I was supposed to do a water change today but ended up too busy and will have to do it tomorrow. I was able to test my nitrates and phosphates tho and it is now a lot better. Nitrates are at 22.1 and phosphates are at .12. On the 8 gallon tank, I got some CUC in last week. It is cleaning up the long hair algaes and tank is looking better. I have to grab a photo tomorrow.
 
This week I cleaned the other half of my return pump and the skimmer pump. Only thing left is to clean the flow meter and the UV, probably next month. I also cleaned out the Avast Planks' pumps and tubes. While cleaning it, I broke the part that the pump attaches to. I ordered a replacement to it, but it had a crack at that same spot. I contacted Avast and they are sending me a new version they have been testing, the 3.62 Plank Mixing Assembly. From what I'm told, it has the nozzle removed and a fixed flow rate that produces a more laminar flow pattern in the tube and mixes better with less food retention in the chamber.

20250726_193020.jpg
 
My phosphates and nitrates are slowly dropping. It is currently at nitrates 17.2 and phosphates .112. I stopped dosing the Elim-NP cause I ran out. Not much else to update. Everything else seems fine. I'll try to get some photos.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new