First salt setup stocking advice

https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache
Corals.com

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Is there even a trigger than fits in a 60?
Every trigger I see at the various lfs's would have no issue starting off in a 60g. Ya they are gonna grow some quicker than others but it will take some time before you would even need to provide a larger home. I have 5 in my 90g mixed reef. My tank is packed with fish and corals so gonna go bigger soon.
20210513_154816.jpg

AS

moosevandyke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Every trigger I see at the various lfs's would have no issue starting off in a 60g. Ya they are gonna grow some quicker than others but it will take some time before you would even need to provide a larger home. I have 5 in my 90g mixed reef. My tank is packed with fish and corals so gonna go bigger soon.
20210513_154816.jpg
I also am a big trigger fish fan! How do keep them from getting after your corals???

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I also am a big trigger fish fan! How do keep them from getting after your corals???
They show no interest in them except the Clown on occasion will nip a smooth skinned acro colony, I keep it for him! I feed my fish 12 Hikari cubes and chunks of Rods in the afternoon so they are never really hungry. Maybe that's it but triggers don't have corals on there primary food list.

moosevandyke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
They show no interest in them except the Clown on occasion will nip a smooth skinned acro colony, I keep it for him! I feed my fish 12 Hikari cubes and chunks of Rods in the afternoon so they are never really hungry. Maybe that's it but triggers don't have corals on there primary food list.

Corals.com

Do you take notice when your coral starts stretching or shrinking?

• YES and usually there is a probem

Votes: 76 65.0%
  • YES but I never have a problem

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • NO

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 6.8%
Pieces of the Ocean