First saltwater tank.

Guess I haven't updated in a while...
Duncan got a new head, and I got a hammer.
Got a 5 dollar torch that died, expected.
Then I went on vacation and left the light on for 72 hours...
They all kinda died...
Firefiah died from a disease too, RIP.

Then I just left the tank to sit for a while, fed her but nothing else, for a year maybe?
Gonna do a big clean soon!
 

Attachments

  • 17367985663755396715893625953140.jpg
    17367985663755396715893625953140.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 65
those rocks will scrub up nicely in some saltwater. Looking forward to updates :)
 
do you have a refractometer? I have heard the hydrometers aren't very accurate but I'm not certain on that
 
Update: cleaned! Rocks still got a Lil but of algae, but will get that off later! Tiara will stay in Ze Bucket of Doom for now...
 

Attachments

  • 17385073594131156064944974430587.jpg
    17385073594131156064944974430587.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 17385073738726919890827217550576.jpg
    17385073738726919890827217550576.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 42
RIP tiara.
She died this morning. Ill test the water tomorrow to see if its ammonia, or just her being a little old and stress making her pass early.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new