First sps id please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oliver
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oliver

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
32
Reaction score
8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of my first sps besides the birdsnest. My friends gave it to me for free. When I got it the whole Frag was brown. Little by little it’s getting its color back. Any one know what it is? Also is it normal to have more polyps out at night?
8369167F-C343-4FD9-B196-580EC51427DE.jpeg
2CF48814-FCD4-4D22-8A23-E4021AD5C587.jpeg
8DAFFAC0-0273-436C-BD0C-DDEC261DAF7B.jpeg
 
I may be completely wrong since I don't even have a tank yet. But from what I've seen and researched that looks like an acropora
 
Clearly Acropora, but of what variety I'm not confident in.
 
Oh... Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. Can't help you out on that one
I'm not the OP, just a passerby trying to help out. There's some SPS gurus around that will help out with this eventually.
 
might be an a. valida
 
Thanks guys for the help is it normal for the polyps to be out more during the night then the day?
 
Given the fact that the axial coralites are neon green inside with a blue coral I’d be pretty confident in saying it’s a blue tortuosa, and as mentioned above completely normal for nighttime polyp extension. That primarily when acros feed. It would be cause for concern if they weren’t.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new