OP
OP
Unskilled Reefer

Unskilled Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Duncan opened up nicely today! I was happy to see him take to the new home so quickly. Also had some tentacles out on the trumpet coral so I think it’s happy with its spot in the tank.

9409BA44-C307-4520-A737-C065C1516DDC.jpeg

OP
OP
Unskilled Reefer

Unskilled Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I have a few soft coral pieces you can get a better idea of my tank flow. Even with the large aquascape I do not have any flow issues that I have noticed. Actually I think have too much flow right now in areas.

For example this is the front right bottom corner of my tank. My bubble hammer doesn’t seem to like the flow there. I tried to block some with a small rock but I don’t think it is enough. Should I move it to less flow? The GSP next to him seems fine with the flow?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your Hollywood Stunner will have very long sweepers. It also slimes bad when you touch it. FYI.

OP
OP
Unskilled Reefer

Unskilled Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am nearing the end of my first month with this tank. I am very pleased with how things have been going so far and yes I can officially say I have reef addiction lol.

I am due to change the original biocube filter so decided to use that as the time to switch over to the intank. I put floss on top, chemi-pure blue on the bottom and in the middle I used the current old biocube filter. I will remove this in a few days but want to be cautious I don’t lose to much good bacteria with the change and my tank being on the new side. This idea came from a tip someone gave me earlier in this thread.

The InTank already seems to be directing water flow so much better and is way more stable then the stock rack.

OP
OP
Unskilled Reefer

Unskilled Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new InTank has been a good upgrade. Water clarity has improved. I also removed the old biocube filter last night from the middle rack. No ammonia spike so I can safely change my floss and media going forward without worrying about if the tank can handle the bioload.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back