First tank, first build, RedSea Reefer 525 G2+

BaldAndBeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a couple months of research finally pulled the trigger on a RedSea Reefer 525 G2+. It isn't here just yet, but I've started to play around with some aquascaping/habitat ideas. Had posted on Reddit and was asked if I had a build thread here, which I did not. Figured I'd get one started to document the progress.

Got my table and working area all setup so I could get an idea of the space I had to work with. Went and picked up about 85 lbs of Caribsea Life Rock. One of their trees, a box of ledges, and then my LFS had several boxes of shapes that I could just pick through and grab what I wanted. Here are my first 3 attempts (ignore the socks on the table, lol). I think I may head back to grab a couple more arches and coves today and swap out some of the basic rock shapes.

aquascape1.jpeg aquascape2.jpeg aquascape3.jpeg

Attachments

• aquascape1.mp4
    57.7 MB
  • aquascape2.mp4
    53.8 MB
  • aquascape3.mp4
    42.9 MB

iannarelli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I convinced you to post over here! I'm sure you'll get lots of great ideas, advice, and encouragement. When do you take delivery of the tank?

OP
OP
BaldAndBeard

BaldAndBeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I convinced you to post over here! I'm sure you'll get lots of great ideas, advice, and encouragement. When do you take delivery of the tank?
Possibly being shipped out this Friday so maybe sometime next week. Don't have a definitive date just yet.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a couple months of research finally pulled the trigger on a RedSea Reefer 525 G2+. It isn't here just yet, but I've started to play around with some aquascaping/habitat ideas. Had posted on Reddit and was asked if I had a build thread here, which I did not. Figured I'd get one started to document the progress.

Got my table and working area all setup so I could get an idea of the space I had to work with. Went and picked up about 85 lbs of Caribsea Life Rock. One of their trees, a box of ledges, and then my LFS had several boxes of shapes that I could just pick through and grab what I wanted. Here are my first 3 attempts (ignore the socks on the table, lol). I think I may head back to grab a couple more arches and coves today and swap out some of the basic rock shapes.

aquascape1.jpeg aquascape2.jpeg aquascape3.jpeg
I like the aquascape designs!!!!

OP
OP
BaldAndBeard

BaldAndBeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has arrived, so starting to put that together and get the rock moved into the tank in what *might* be its final layout before I start gluing together.

20230518_104637.jpg

Attachments

• tank_vid.mp4
    30.7 MB
Last edited:
OP
OP
BaldAndBeard

BaldAndBeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured about time to post another update. We have a vacation coming up at some unknown point in the future, still trying to figure out when, but that might delay when I actually start to cycle things. Don't want to leave mid cycle. So, kind of taking things slow a bit.

Right now, it's working on getting out all of the dust and super fine sand particles from the CaribSea special grade dry sand we ordered. Started with just using some 5 gallon buckets, then picked up some of the mesh 5 gallon bucket paint strainers. These actually work super well in holding about 20 pounds of sand and filtering out the dust. Still only about 60 pounds in, and another 60 to go.

Attachments

• 20230607_155410.jpeg
    20230607_155410.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230607_155414.jpeg
    20230607_155414.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
BaldAndBeard

BaldAndBeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life got in the way, but finally getting ready to start the cycle. Everything was super noisy at first but have everything dialed in now and very quiet.

1000000999.jpg
1000000998.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back