First tank: How to incorporate a auto-roller

Argos02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
At the risk of asking a really stupid question: I wanted to solicit opinions regarding specific tanks to look into.
Looking for a 100-120 gallon rectangle, no lights included, stand included would be preferred. Filtration will be a sump with just an autoroller and refugium (maybe some extra room for biofiltration in case I go bare bottom). All packages I have found include sock filters. (Red Sea, Waterbox) with the only option looking like Innovative Marine. Are you able to remove the sock filters and add an auto roller, will it fit?

As this will be my first saltwater tank, I'm not confident about drilling and plumbing myself. Am I overlooking something? Are there other packages where you can just get a tank/plumbing/stand without the standard sump at an affordable price?

OR I guess I am really just after: what would be the easiest/cost effective way to implement an auto roll device?

Thanks for any suggestions!

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well....where are you located? Have you considered asking the local (or nearest) reefing club for help with drilling?

Also just bumping this up because I don't understand auto rollers but I'm sure somebody else does.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back