First time ordering off LA/Quarantine ... fish lying and not mobile?

OP
OP
Nem0

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse seems to be doing a bit better. Moving around now. However, it looks like it is struggling to actually swim? Its just skitting around the bottom. Normal or something to be concerned with. Video Attached
edit...seems like video isn't working for me. let me know if yall can see it

Attachments

• IMG_6159.mov
    3.7 MB

ArizonaAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse seems to be doing a bit better. Moving around now. However, it looks like it is struggling to actually swim? Its just skitting around the bottom. Normal or something to be concerned with. Video Attached
edit...seems like video isn't working for me. let me know if yall can see it
Looks a little off but I still wouldn't be too concerned yet. Flashers tend to swim a little differently than other wrasses in the fact that they move weirdly sometimes. My pintail likes to hangout near the surface and swim up and down in a bobbing motion when it's feeding time. Looks kind of odd but stops acting that way once everyone's done eating. I'd give it until at least tomorrow to see if he makes improvement, unless he starts going downhill fast.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He seems to be improving a little. Wrasses can be pretty dramatic. Patience is your friend here. I would bet money that tomorrow or the next day he will be swimming around like "who, me?" :) Try not to disturb him and stress him out.

How's the blenny?

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure the point of your post as there is a 14 day guarantee on their fish and they clearly state that you should monitor/quarantine any fish you receive.

they OP said they ordered from DD, which has only a DOA. I posted that review as warning for buying from LA in the future, as they already have a fish that is not doing well

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did Divers Den change the policy of 14 day guarantee? I have ordered several fish from them and never once had a problem if I lost one within the time frame laid out in the instructions! They have only been the absolute best people to deal with!
Only exception is “expert only” fish.

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did Divers Den change the policy of 14 day guarantee? I have ordered several fish from them and never once had a problem if I lost one within the time frame laid out in the instructions! They have only been the absolute best people to deal with!
Only exception is “expert only” fish.

disregard my post. I didn't know LA had changed the guarantee to 14 day on DD

OP
OP
Nem0

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update! Wrasse is doing much better, he's moving around and ate some mysis! swimming is fine. color has come back, not as pale.

blenny is still hiding and brown. did not eat any mysis this morning. he looks healthy, just still freaked out

melanotaenia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update! Wrasse is doing much better, he's moving around and ate some mysis! swimming is fine. color has come back, not as pale.

blenny is still hiding and brown. did not eat any mysis this morning. he looks healthy, just still freaked out

Great to hear; as others have mentioned, Wrasse's can be very timid at first; the fact he is eating is a very good sign

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

glad to hear that!

OP
OP
Nem0

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long should I be waiting for the midas to eat before getting worried? he was shipped on wed and hasn't eaten yet :(

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't find live black worms, if you keep a fuge you can sometimes take out a ball of chaeto and shake off some pods for the wrasse. I've gotten leopards to eat those when they wouldn't eat anything else. Very healthy too.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 76 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back