Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Kasrift
I am sure the phyto master could shed some light :p
Skimming the thread, it doesn't look like enough F2 fertilizer. For context, I do 5ml in a 3.5l container (I use the Poseidon Reef Reactors).

Too much light is a thing, but not for Nanno or Tetra. Iso needs a lower light requirement.

As for the salinity, culture lower. This could also be an issue. As evaporation happens, if you start at 1.025 it will creep up. You are better starting at 1.022 or 1.023. It is also beneficial to do it lower because of you are dosing it to a smaller aquarium the added salt water can raise the salinity between weekly water changes.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just started culturing plankton didn’t know much about it. So how I went about it plastic bottle bleached and rinsed two or three times. Air line the same. Then mixed up three quarters salt water at a salinity of 1.019 and quarter of plankton that I bought. Two cap fully natural sea weed fertiliser and a tiny bit of active yeast but mixed the yeast in water too make it liquid and I put the bottle next to the window then about day 8 to twelve days it darkened up . And this worked great for me
IMG_0942.jpeg

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have just started culturing plankton didn’t know much about it. So how I went about it plastic bottle bleached and rinsed two or three times. Air line the same. Then mixed up three quarters salt water at a salinity of 1.019 and quarter of plankton that I bought. Two cap fully natural sea weed fertiliser and a tiny bit of active yeast but mixed the yeast in water too make it liquid and I put the bottle next to the window then about day 8 to twelve days it darkened up . And this worked great for me
IMG_0942.jpeg
Yeast? I hadn't heard of that.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back